Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!
  • TheFlyingOx

So we’re currently looking after the MIL’s golden retriever as she’s (the MIL) been quite unwell. We did a swap, and she got our cat in return. However, MIL is now getting seriously unwell and it’s doubtful she can cope with even the cat.

Any tips on preventing a bloodbath when we pick the cat up and bring it home? I’m more worried about the dog. He’s 16 years old, deaf, cataracts, arthritic, and generally just lies about the place drooling on the hall rug or dropping stealth farts while I’m trying to sex up Mrs Flying Ox. The cat, on the other hand, is a 9lb ball of unspeakable fury, and I’m quite concerned about having them under the same roof.

khani
    Free Member

We had four dogs and three cats, two poodles a staffie and a lab and two Siamese (murdering bastards) and a moggie, the cats are in charge, the dogs are just minions, no canine blood has been spilled (yet)
    Just leave em to it,

Stoner
    Free Member

Sedate the cat and install air fresheners.

HTH

Milkie
    Free Member

They should be fine, chuck them in a room together and close the door and let them get on with it.

3 Cats, 2 Dogs, cats were here first and they are fine. The dogs n cats will pick up on your anxiety so shut them in a room and let them deal with it.

Oh Air Fresheners! There are dog/cat ones that give off friendly pheromones to relax dogs n cats. Search for DAP for dogs, I’ve forgotten what the cat one is called.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

First impressions are quite important …. so don’t let that go badly. Initially in separate rooms and let them smell each other’s scent (swap rooms etc) Don’t rush it – and don’t force them to face each other.

TheFlyingOx

Air fresheners

Feliway looks like it could be a winner. Cheers for that. 😀

wwaswas

Do you think the dog is laying there thinking;

“Now would be a good time for an eggy drifter.”

one_bad_mofo

Oh Air Fresheners! There are dog/cat ones that give off friendly pheromones to relax dogs n cats. Search for DAP for dogs, I’ve forgotten what the cat one is called.

What you’re looking for is Feliway. You can get it as a spray or a plug-in type thing. I used it when I got my rescue cats to hellp them settle into their new home.

TheFlyingOx

Do you think the dog is laying there thinking;

“Now would be a good time for an eggy drifter.”
    Well he arrived as a puppy at the missus’ house when she was about 13 and they’ve grown up together, so I think he gets a bit protective when I get my alpha-male smoove on.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Feliway looks like it could be a winner.

That stuff is **** brilliant imo. I had a bit of stress related bother with my cats – no idea why, and Feliway sorted it out in no time. Used just one plug-in dose (for about a month) and haven’t used any more since (about 3 months ago)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!’ is closed to new replies.