Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 237 total)
  • human rights or soft leftyism?
  • kimbers

well thats what the pms press officer (andy- they hacked them phones without me knowing m’lud- coulson) has told him to say
    coz then he looks like a man of the people for the people just like his fellow sun reading brown people disliking electorate
    -and his fellow multi millionaire bullingdon buddies look like they are standing up against those lefty eurocrats, without actually doing anything about it

fwiw the guys a scumbag but fred summed the whole thing up a few pages back

The facts are:

Non-British person who happened to kill someone in a driving incident isn’t sent back to his country of origin as he has a British partner and two kids born in Britain. Court rules he has right to stay under Human Rights legislation.

ivixxiv
    Free Member

I see rudeboy and tandemjeremy (I feel sorry for the person he’s in tandem with) are spouting nonsense, yet again. Though also are the outraged

The ECHR is not binding per se but domestic laws must follow “the principles”. As unpalatable as this case is the person was sentenced to less than one year which is not a deportable sentence (it must be a prison + one-year); Further he has british children and a wife so it becomes making a (british) family move to Iraq (i.e. removing british persons to another country whilst the husband reapply for entry clearance), exiling British citizens, or the Kafka principle http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKHL/2008/40.html

If anyones to blame its Labour for bringing in a half thought out law and allowing immigrants who commit criminal offences (beyond speeding etc..) remain in the country, still they managed to socialy engineer the country to there own ends http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/7198329/Labours-secret-plan-to-lure-migrants.html to which we’re now left with (another) mess the created

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I feel sorry for the person he’s in tandem with

I don’t I’m quite jealous of them I’d like to ride on his tandem then I could look at his bottom. 😀

The rest of your post I really can’t be bothered with; sorry. Want a beer?

Edric64
    Free Member

Lets face it there are to many foriegners here who we dont want but cant get rid of .They are a burden on the benefit system and the criminal justice system but our hands seem to be tied as far as ridding our small overpopulated country of them.

kimbers

yeah way too many foreigners them labour leftys have ruined our once great land

im off to the EDL demo in luton this weekend, gonna bash me some mooslim heads in

😳

some genuinely ignorant twunts on here

chewkw
    Free Member

He cannot be an asylum seeker if he is granted residency in the UK so should incur jail term (if given one) … also he should be given an appropriate jail term (I prefer a long jail term & hard labour) rather than all those fluffy community human rights shite.

If he is not granted asylum in the UK then he can be sent home after a jail term (provided he is given one) but now he is claiming his “human rights” are violated simply because the loophole of having fathered children in UK.

The question now is … is his human rights above others? I mean is his children above others’?

No shite all this human rights shite should just be abolished.

Human rights …
    To be hanged.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Lets face it there are to many foriegners here who we dont want but cant get rid of .They are a burden on the benefit system and the criminal jusrice system but our hands seem to be tied as far as ridding our small overpopulated country of them.

I know; it’s terrible. 🙁

I mean, our very culture is being eroded whilst we’re powerless to do anything about it, lest we be labelled ‘racists’. Even the English language itself is being corrupted by evil foreign influences bent on destroying our hard-fought for Britishness….

Edric64
    Free Member

I know we are a mix of Angles, Saxons ,Vkings ,Hugenots etc and our royal family is German and Greek but we seem overly hospitable to any sob story of hardship and alleged abuse from overseas

bloodynora
    Free Member

Minimum 20yrs jail then send the low life scum back from whence he came. Simples.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I thought you were “bored” with this thread Elfinman and you won’t going to comment anymore ?

It’s clear now that this thread in fact captivates you. And the real reason you said you weren’t going to comment, was because you couldn’t defend your position, particularly your absurd suggestion that Ibrahim’s ethnicity was relevant.

But anyway…….

Elfinsafety – Member

Ha ha!

Do you even know what you are laughing at……..or is it just another of your knee-jerk reactions to which you haven’t given any thought ?

This is what TJ said in relation to the HRA :

“piha – according to the article it was the right to family life under the HRA which uses the wording from the ECHR. It is not a “loophole” in the law. It about the interpretation by our courts – which may or may not be correct in this case”

He is of course absolutely correct, you only have to read the newspapers to know that to be true. It was the judges interpretation of the requirements under the HRA which was the deciding factor.

Lawyers for the UK Border Agency, which incidentally, although I can’t be certain they ride mountain bikes, I can be absolutely positive that they deal with “the HRA on a daily basis”, argued that the HRA could be interpreted in a way which would make Ibrahim’s deportation legal.

It is imo, a tragedy that the judges interpreted the HRA in the way they did – it’s not a laughing matter, far from it. Because the HRA has a great deal of enemies, amongst them the rabble-rousing gutter-press and Tory Party.

In fact, David Cameron himself wrote to Amy Houston’s father before the last election promising to scrap the HRA. The only thing which has stopped Cameron fulfilling his promise are the terms of the coalition agreement.

But now as a direct result of the judges interpretation of the HRA in this case, the rabble-rousers are up in arms demanding that the HRA be scrapped. It is not something I welcome or feel should be celebrated.

I can’t myself see anything fundamentally wrong with the HRA, as long as it can be interpreted in a way which doesn’t give foreign criminals rights which they are not morally entitled to. I most certainly don’t trust the Tory’s “Bill of Rights” replacement for the HRA, we all know what the Tories believe their “rights” to be.

As far as I am aware, the coalition agreement does not specify that the HTA won’t be scrapped, merely that the government will establish a commission to look into the matter. The outcome of this case will very much strengthen those despise basic human rights for ordinary people, preferring instead the privileges of the few.

Who’s laughing now ?

chewkw
    Free Member

The judge is compassionate towards his family life because of the children he fathered … but the question is why his children?

The question is does the govt has the balls to change the human rights shite?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

God, Ernie you dunalf talk some crap too.

And the real reason you said you weren’t going to comment, was because you couldn’t defend your position

Never said I weren’t going to comment, just that I was fed up with this thread as it’s just a load of emotionally driven opinionated vitriol, and there’s bugger all actual ‘discussion’ going on.

I’ve done with the ‘argument’. But feel free to carry on being clever. I’m obviously not as clever as you, so I’m afraid I can no longer ‘compete’.

I’ll keep an amused eye out on proceedings. Interesting to see how folk really think.

Who’s laughing now ?

I am, actually. 😆

user-removed
    Free Member

I am trying to imagine what that dog would look like, if it inadvertently chewed on a wasp.

As Ernie touched on a few pages back, none of us knows how we will react in such a situation. Remember that fine, upstanding ENGLISH lady earlier in the year? The one with a previously unblemished character who ran over a small boy, legged it and spent a month or so in hiding because she couldn’t come to terms with what she’d done?

I listened to that Radio 2 interview this morning, and yes, it was quite heartbreaking (quite as in completely, rather than ‘a little’) but I see no reason to treat him any differently, in legal terms, than any other citizen bound by the laws of this country.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Never said I weren’t going to comment

Your post 12 hours ago must have thrown me :

Elfinsafety – Member

Edit: No actually I really can’t be bothered with it any more.

Posted 12 hours ago

Made a comment, then scrapped it.

But now of course I understand what you meant…..no constructive comments. Just stuff like “Ernie you dunalf talk some crap”.

it’s just a load of emotionally driven opinionated vitriol, and there’s bugger all actual ‘discussion’ going on.

There’s certainly a fair bit of emotionally driven vitriol on this thread, but sometimes perhaps it’s necessary to challenge it by offering a more common-sense approach. Although I can see that you don’t agree on that one.

This is quite a serious issue imo, concerning justice, human rights, and apparently, race relations.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I see no reason to treat him any differently, in legal terms, than any other citizen bound by the laws of this country.

Yup, by some of the comments on here you would have thought that he had been found guilty of murder, rape, or child molestation, with all the talk of shooting him, or referring to him as something worse than dog shit. Much of it due to the fact that he is middle-eastern no doubt.

The truth however, is that he is a persistent criminal who forfeited all rights to remain in the UK. I right which he never had in the first place I would add.

user-removed
    Free Member

Except that he hasn’t. According to the law, which may well be hog-tied and blinkered but stands or falls on its consistency.

chewkw
    Free Member

user-removed – Member

As Ernie touched on a few pages back, none of us knows how we will react in such a situation. Remember that fine, upstanding ENGLISH lady earlier in the year? The one with a previously unblemished character who ran over a small boy, legged it and spent a month or so in hiding because she couldn’t come to terms with what she’d done?

I listened to that Radio 2 interview this morning, and yes, it was quite heartbreaking (quite as in completely, rather than ‘a little’) but I see no reason to treat him any differently, in legal terms, than any other citizen bound by the laws of this country.

This guy has various records as he is a:

1. Disqualified driver.
    2) He went on to commit a string of other offences.
    3) Twice turned down for asylum.
    4) Could stay on the grounds of his right to family life. (judge let him stay on for this reason i.e. family life)

So basically you need to have a family to commit offences and then get a slap on the wrists if found guilty.

The law is blind … yet the people that apply it do not carry common sense. Yes, he has a family so are others. Therefore, the question is why is he treated differently?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Except that he hasn’t.

I was of course referring to “in most people’s eyes”. We all know how the judges interpreted the HRA in his favour. The fact that he has a legal right does not detract from the comment.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You have completely missed user-removed’s point chewkw.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

You have completely missed user-removed’s point chewkw.

Regardless, the guy has no good track record to be warranted a residency in the UK. Where is the so called good characters?

The only way for him to stay on is to get someone pregnant use that as an excuse for having a “family” life and be treated equally … he is not supposed to be here in the first place!

Human rights? What about others?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Your post 12 hours ago must have thrown me

Not surprised; I imagine the fact that I can’t be bothered continuing with a pointless argument with people whose opinions are not going to change is something you can’t get yer head around, eh? 🙂

No, seriously; I’ve said be bit on here, have me own thoughts, I’m happy with that. Nothing to be gained from arguing any further, no point in continuing to argue.

I’ve only hung around because I find it interesting to watch others get worked up over things, and I find some of the comments quite revealing of people’s characters.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Classic stuff there Fred. Classic. Why folk bother engaging you I don’t know!

Woody
    Free Member

with all the talk of shooting him, or referring to him as something worse than dog shit. Much of it due to the fact that he is middle-eastern no doubt.

Not on my part and you are putting your own interpretation and non-existant xenophobic/racist slant on what some people have said.

Personally, I couldn’t care what his origin/colour/religious beliefs are – he’s a scumbag who should have been removed from this country as soon as his asylum application was refused. Maybe you’d like to have him as a neighbour Ernie, someone has to…………………………..or maybe not 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

Edric 64 – Member

Lets face it there are to many foriegners here who we dont want but cant get rid of .They are a burden on the benefit system and the criminal justice system but our hands seem to be tied as far as ridding our small overpopulated country of them.
    Dont you dare use the we word when you speak of your own racist agenda/views.
    Have you any idea where this country would be without the hardworking immigarnts abd thier children – whey not go did out some statistics on their NET contribution to this society that disproves your racist viewpoint.

I know we are a mix of Angles, Saxons ,Vkings ,Hugenots etc and our royal family is German and Greek but we seem overly hospitable to any sob story of hardship and alleged abuse from overseas

Yet our % of foreign peole is less than France, Spain ,Norway, Germany hell even the Ukraine – it is such a shame that relaioty does not match your hyerbole.
    From United Nations report World Population Policies 2005 – I am assuming you want a fact based beleief rather than one based on ignorance but I am not optomistic
    Frankly I would rather rid the country of people like you than people like “them”.

Therefore, the question is why is he treated differently?

Differently from who? He has not as far as I can see he ha sbeengiven no preferential treatment in law – in fact the state seems to oppose the decision and is appealing.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Just thought I’d drop in on page 5 to see how it’s going.

Good grief.

ton

to the person who posted the troll tag when this thread was started………………………..epic fail 😆

Woody
    Free Member

You’re quite right Ton – whoever would have thought that this topic would provide anything other than friendly debate and a bit of lighthearted banter 😉 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Maybe you’d like to have him as a neighbour Ernie

Throughout this entire thread I have argued that he should be deported, often in what I would have thought was a rather forceful manner. In fact just a few posts back on this page I said, “he is a persistent criminal who forfeited all rights to remain in the UK. I right which he never had in the first place I would add”.

But now you ask me whether I’d like to have him as a neighbour. Well I guess that’s a tricky one. What do you reckon Woody, I don’t want him in the country at all, do you think I might want him as a neighbour ?

I have to say the stupidity of some people really does take my breath away sometimes. Still never mind, it’s all good fun.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

I’ve only hung around because I find it interesting to watch others get worked up over things, and I find some of the comments quite revealing of people’s characters.

And some of the comments are depressingly predictable. Such as the suggestion that the guy should get special treatment and privileges because of his race.

ton

i am just sat reading the sun………………who it seems dont really like the bloke.
    if he were my next door neighbour i reckon he would move pretty sharpish. 😉

Woody
    Free Member

Yeh I’m stoopid ernie – almost as stupid as you…..

Yup, by some of the comments on here you would have thought that he had been found guilty of murder, rape, or child molestation, with all the talk of shooting him, or referring to him as something worse than dog shit. Much of it due to the fact that he is middle-eastern no doubt.

It’s alright, he only killed a child in a car which he was disqualified from driving, so not really that bad eh!

If you care to look back, I agreed with your earlier post. By referring to the neighbour aspect I was alluding with your unstinting obsession that all things break down into a left/right wing or (anti)racist agenda and that any opinion different to that must be directly opposite your views and therefore worthy of your derision but you took my comments literally 🙄

From what I have read on this thread there has not been much of a racist bias and most (with the odd exception) of the comments regarding deportation are simply because he is only here by virtue of having produced 2 children.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s alright, he only killed a child in a car which he was disqualified from driving, so not really that bad eh!

Yep, breathtakingly stupid………where’s the bit where I say “It’s alright because he’s really not that bad” eh ? I have referred to him as a persistent criminal who should be deported.

But unlike you, I haven’t lost my grip on reality. He hasn’t been convicted for murder or rape. I don’t know the details of the accident concerning the death of the child, and don’t wish to know either btw I find stuff like that about children upsetting, but I do know that he was convicted of driving whilst disqualified and failing to stop, both serious offences but not murder.

As user-removed has pointed out, even people with a previously unblemished characters have been known to fail to stop at the scene of an accident. I have also known quite nice people to drive whilst under a ban, despite it being totally unacceptable. Now if you want to get all hysterical and start comparing him with cold-blooded murders, serial rapists, paedophiles, etc, then it simply shows what dumb tabloid-fodder you are. Try to use your brain and keep things in perspective.

I was alluding with your unstinting obsession that all things break down into a left/right wing or (anti)racist agenda

When I first commented on this thread I said :

ernie_lynch – Member

Oh, and I think it is “soft leftyism” rather than human rights. Some people who claim to be left-wing, are far too terrified of being labelled “racist” to call for his deportation. Sad but true.

Posted 1 day ago

So I have clearly criticised some ‘leftists’ on this issue, although I have also explicitly pointed out that it as not a left/right issue, by giving the example of the Guardian’s assistant editor calling for the guy’s deportation. I have repeatedly said that the guy’s race has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with this case, and have criticised those who have tried to make an issue out of it.

I do in fact, agree with ton in this issue.

Perhaps it’s you[/b] who should deal with their predetermined prejudices Woody 💡

Woody
    Free Member

Excellent Ernie – it’s taken you all this time to come up with that. In the interim I’ve been to the dentists and had a tooth capped!

In this case I’ll admit that my criticism of you is probably incorrect, however, in your case I work on the principal that as you usually talk out of your arse, rather than wasting time dissecting your outpourings, it is easier to simply disagree with whatever you say. This is one of those rare occasions when you may have actually said something approaching a balanced reasonable argument.

Not to worry, I recognise my mistake and it will not happen again as I will simply ignore your posts completely. Sorted 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ernie; why not check out all your posts this week, and count all the words (Word can do this), and work out how many have been spent on arguing. Trust me, you’ll find it truly shocking. Then, consider how much time and effort has gone into typing all those words. Then contemplate wether or not it was a positive,constructive use of time.

You could have taken time to advise me on finishing plywood, and some other woodworking tips. I appealed to your knowledge as a man experienced with wood, yet have had absolutely bugger all really useful advice.

I know I’m a serial argumentalist, but for the love of the Sweet Little Baby Jesus, his mother Mary and all the little animals in the barn; this is beyond ridiculous now. Which is why I’ve not bothered with it that much. And look, neither has TJ either!

It has stopped snowing.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“it’s taken you all this time to come up with that”

Well I’ve got to confess that I didn’t treat it as a priority. Apologies if I kept you waiting.

“I will simply ignore your posts completely”

You know it makes sense…………..I’ll remind you if you forget.

uplink
    Free Member

It has stopped snowing.

It’s been snowing in that London?

Has everyone now gone done the Tube to camp out & escape this disaster?
    Chas ‘N’ Dave may even reunite to lead a singalonger knees up to keep everyone’s spirits up until it’s gone & it’s once again safe to venture out

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I know I’m a serial argumentalist

Yeah, but you also know when you’re wrong. Doesn’t stop you making snidey comments mind.

And if I’ve returned to this subject repeatedly, then it is in part due to this issue highlighting much that imo is wrong with the British left……the “oh you can’t deport him because it would be racism” bollocks.

Plus of course, I’ve always enjoyed having a poke at the liberal pseudo-leftie PC brigade. Why let a chance like that go by ? 😀

dogpower
    Free Member

it’s soft leftyism
    there’s too much of that about.

Socialism is not Mother Nature’s way.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

See? It’s entertaining, this thread… 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

Socialism is not Mother Nature’s way.

Can you start a thread on this it will be entertaining.
    or just explain it a bit more

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 237 total)

The topic ‘human rights or soft leftyism?’ is closed to new replies.