Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 237 total)
  • human rights or soft leftyism?
  • trailertrash

the law?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Neither. Just a questionable decision.

You say “lefty” like it’s a bad thing.

ton

luke…….i did not mean to
    i just do not know what else to call it.

trailmonkey

sorry, i read it all but couldn’t find the leftyism bit ?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Or, the bit you forgot, Ton, in getting all excited over an article in The Sun;

‘Will this make a good trolling thread for STW?’

😉

luke…….i did not mean to
    i just do not know what else to call it.

We gather not fully understanding stuff that requires a bit of thought isn’t exactly your strong point, Ton.

Is the Daily Mail just a little too intellectual for you then?

ton

sun was 1st one on google.

in laymans terms………….is it right or wrong.

nonk
    Free Member

howay ton 🙄

Edric64
    Free Member

I would hunt the sod down and kill him .I am sure you would be treated ok by other prisoners for exterminating the person who killed your kid

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is what ‘wrong’? The decision by a British Court to allow him to stay in the UK as he now fulfils the legal criteria for residency?

Are you saying the British Legal System is at fault then?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Judges are not idiots.

Sun readers on the other hand…..

ton

fred………no, i am asking if people on here think it is right or wrong.
    simple yes or no answer will do……….no drama’s eh?

surfer
    Free Member

He committed an awful crime of leaving the scene of an accident because he was already banned from driving, its thought he may have been able to help the poor child if he had stayed.
    That makes him cowardly and dispicable in my book.
    He is obviously still human in societies eyes hence has human rights.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

fred………no, i am asking if people on here think it is right or wrong.

Simple people see things in simple terms. Are you a simple person ton?

surfer
    Free Member

Judges are not idiots.

You know that for sure do you?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ll go with the decision of the British Justice System, Ton.

Because I’ve got faith in that, unlike the Sun, which appears to be a very unpatriotic newspaper. In fact, I’d say it’s actions amount to treason!!!

To Wapping! Flaming torches in hand! This day, we shall have Justice!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think it’s very telling that the girl was ginger, and that he’s not white. I’m on to something, aren’t I?

ton

dd, you tell me?

Edric64
    Free Member
    scu98rkr
    Free Member

Well short term probably not.

Long term its very difficult to say, if by some miracle he actually turns out to be a decent dad the his influence on his children may may a beneficial impact on their behaviour when there older.

On the other hand he might be a rubbish dad and they might actually be better off without him for all I know.

I think its fairly obvious that he he goes back to iraq he is likely to have a negative influence in such a fragile country which may lead to more iraqi asylum seekers in the future ?

If every advanced country did send every immigrant who committed a crime back it would seem obviously that these countries will suffer possibly creating more immigrants.

The problem is the world is such an interconnected place now adays we really need to sort problems out world wide it wont work trying to export them to another country. There’ll just come back and bite you ala 9/11 etc etc

nonk
    Free Member

You know that for sure do you?

er yes.

you dont get to be one without a proven track record.
    the judge applied the law.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

dd, you tell me?

8) ……………….. 8)

I don’t know you that well ton. I just fancy you. You’d know whether you were simple or not.

Edric64
    Free Member

As a failed asylum seeker why didn’t we just take him home and drop him out of a Hercules without a parachute,and take that one armed rabble rousing cleric with him

surfer
    Free Member

you dont get to be one without a proven track record.

My mates a judge. I know his track record!

I only know the one mind you. How many do you know?

Edric64
    Free Member

Nonk,many judges have applied the law in a strange way and some are totally out of touch with reality.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

why didn’t we just take him home

Who’s ‘we’, Edric?

joolsburger
    Free Member

I would say that it’s a safe bet that judges in full possession of all the facts made the only legal choice available. Sometimes the law appears odd but you can’t make laws on a case by case basis. This is a hugely complicated issue, boiled down to appeal to the racist readers of the main shitsheets.

Edric64
    Free Member

OK then our Government.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I do wish Judges were a bit more publicly accountable though.
    You get to see Paxman et al calling to account elected politicians and unelected senior police officers, but judges seem to be immune to any similar scrutiny.

ton

jools…………..harsh mate.
    it was the 1st thing on google, and i have never bought the sun in my life.
    i do hope you are not saying what i think you are saying mate?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, I’d imagine the democratically elected members of Her Majesty’s Government are also beholden to the same Laws that the rest of us are, and must therefore obey the instructions of the Courts.

Or are you saying that it’s ok for everyone to ignore what the Law and the Courts say, and just do as we please?

nonk
    Free Member

how do you know this edric is it from reading the paper.
    in my expearience the report is a country mile away from what actually happened.

oh hold up mate i see you have switched your attention to the the gov.
    well yeah.

joolsburger
    Free Member

No Ton I am not calling you racist I appreciate you linked to the first result.

ton

thanks mate.

petrieboy

His immigration status is irrelevant really, only legitimate question is was his sentence too lenient? Given that he wasn’t charged with causing death by dangerous I think we can safely assume we don’t have the full story.

Edric64
    Free Member

Which report ? the accident or the dog bite one ?

nonk
    Free Member

I only know the one mind you. How many do you know?

far more than i can be arsed to count.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Ton I am not calling you racist. I appreciate you linked to the first result on line.

How’s this for story, English man with extensive criminal record, fatally injures girl and leaves scene of accident. Later convicted and given suspended sentence. Less of an outrage or more of one? The fact this person is an immigrant is not relevant to this matter the two are separate and discrete. I would say it is unfortunate he is here but he is and we have to deal with him within the law.

duntmatter
    Free Member

I do wish Judges were a bit more publicly accountable though.
    You get to see Paxman et al calling to account elected politicians and unelected senior police officers, but judges seem to be immune to any similar scrutiny.

There’s public scrutiny, and decisions may be challenged where appropriate.

Edric64
    Free Member

The spineless git drove off though which is probably the worst thing about it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 237 total)

The topic ‘human rights or soft leftyism?’ is closed to new replies.