Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • hully gully has claimed its first rear mech of british summertime
  • teddy
    Free Member

having a nice early ride at gisburn and clearing everything cleanly until… flying down the rocky steppy section after the big banks at hully gully and the rear mech locked up fully into the rear spokes. fortunately, the section was straight and the big slid to a stop without dropping me down the gully into the stream.
    the rear mech totalled and the mech hanger bent into the block so it couldnt be turned, chain twisted 90deg to the verticle. 2 spokes snapped.

a couple of guys came steaming through to my rescue with a donated power link that got my patriot back to base as a very shonky singlespeed. big thanks guys.

advice, dont leave your mech in the highest position on your rear block when battering down rocks at speed.

butcher

I thought Hully Gully was at Guisborough. Am I confused?

teddy
    Free Member

there may be one there aswell…i dont know…
    this was gisburn forest in that there lancashire.

butcher

I’m not questioning the fact or anything. More questioning my own possible onset of dementia, as I honestly thought I had ridden it……at Guisborough.

Anyways, this topic reminds me….I need to buy a spare hangar 🙂

fenred
    Free Member

Had this happen on my road bike….s’orrible, lots of damage and repair…aside from the mental ‘when/what if this happens again?’…nah,you’ll be fine…you’ll be fine 😕

teddy
    Free Member

thanks fenred.
    happened twice now. once at dalby, once at gidburn. both on rocks whilst not pedalling..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘hully gully has claimed its first rear mech of british summertime’ is closed to new replies.