Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 179 total)
  • Huhne / Pryce sentencing
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’m going to start the bidding with 18 & 12 months for Huhne & Pryce.

Obviously will only serve a fraction of that in a soft open prison.

Anyone else care to make a bid? Closest to the actual sentences wins a smug feeling

brakes
    Free Member

public flogging with Tesco Horseburgers

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Huhne – 2 yrs
    Pryce – 18 mths

ElVino

I would give them a month in the same cell

Harry_the_Spider

9 months. Out in 6 weeks.

Known as “Bunk Muffin” before the end of the week.

uwe-r
    Free Member

6 months each for me.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

12 months him, 6 months her

sharkbait
    Free Member

Talking to a barrister at the weekend and he reckoned 18 months (she might get more for pee’ing off the judge but the txt/tweets/calls with his son may be in her favour). I never realised that perverting the CofJ was such a big deal – apparently it is and they’re going to get nailed.

tiggs121
    Free Member

18 months for him and for her 9 months – sounds like a pizza advert!

Both out in a matter of minutes if the justice system for people like this is anything to go by!

Tom-B
    Free Member

18 months each and they’ll be out just in time to spark outrage and summer rioting!

binners

Any bets on which one of them will discover God and write a book about it, as an attempt at redemption? My money’s on Huhne as he seems like an utter **** so will follow comfortably in the footsteps of his ilk

aracer
    Free Member

Does everybody really think Huhne will get longer than Pryce? Surely the other way round, given guilty plea (even if it was rather late) vs. attempting to get off with a dodgy defence. Though Huhne probably also ee’ed off the judge with his attempts to get the charges thrown out before pleading guilty.

Just to balance it out then, 12 months him, 18 months her.

robbespierre
    Free Member

I would give them a month in the same cell

+1

Both naked and armed with gladiator gear. And of course live on webcam.

Coyote
    Free Member

I still find it amazing that Vince Cable* was on the radio this morning saying that it was such a tragedy that a such a talented family had come to this.

Wonder if he’d be quite so sympathetic if it was one of the great unwashed who’d been caught asking his wife to take one for the team. Utter ****s the lot of them.

*other self-serving, hypocritical arseholes are available.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I never realised that perverting the CofJ was such a big deal – apparently it is and they’re going to get nailed.

Yup, run someone over because you’re on the phone. Slap on the wrist. Tell porkies to the state about speeding ticket it’s prison.
    Anything that involves stealing from those in power, or subverting their power will results in the big banhammer. State’s got to keep the proles in place.

martinhutch

10 months Pryce, 6 months Huhne…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Interesting. Some googling indicates that the average sentance is 10 months. The maximum sentance is Life (we can but hope!!)

Nobby

I find myself agreeing with this:

10 months Pryce, 6 months Huhne…

robbespierre
    Free Member

Anything that involves stealing from those in power, or subverting their power will results in the big banhammer. State’s got to keep the proles in place.

So if you give an alibi to a murderer, you get punished “to keep the proles in place”?

Don’t think so!
    Perverting the course of justice is a serious offence because, if it wasn’t, the justice system would collapse. Just because this is at the lower end of the seriousness scale, doesn’t change the principle.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Anything that involves stealing from those in power, or subverting their power will results in the big banhammer.

Maybe. This chap was saying that if people thought they could basically ignore the justice system they were severely mistaken and as such would be punished as such.

teethgrinder

Him – 13 months
    Her – 15 months

ElShalimo

lock them up in a cell for a month with Vince Cable – odious little man

footflaps

Yup, run someone over because you’re on the phone. Slap on the wrist. Tell porkies to the state about speeding ticket it’s prison.

+1

It is quite a bizarre system.

richmtb

Lying to the coppers is one thing.

“No officer I have no idea how fast I was going”

“I’ve never seen those drugs before” etc

But being caught in a lie and carrying on lying is when it gets serious.

Perjury and Perverting the Course of Justice seem to get more than their fair share of high profile individuals. Maybe they genuinely believe they are smart / rich enough to get off

EDIT: 12 months each

Junkyard
    Free Member

TRUE that try insulting a mod. Folk with power like to use it Shocks. It will always be thus insult me insult a copper or a mod and it is not the same outcome. I Would also give her more just for her being so stupid to be so keen to get at him she did all this with such a shitty defence. A year each

aracer
    Free Member

Not bizarre at all (well only getting a fine for killing somebody whilst driving is, but that’s another matter). As mentioned, this sort of thing has to be dealt with severely as if people get away with it the whole justice system comes crashing down. Would you think it so trivial if the pair of them were lying about who was driving the car when it hit and killed a cyclist, or where he was on the night his ex-wife was murdered?

nick1962
    Free Member

They’ll both have to get pretty hefty sentences if only to stop the courts and prisons becoming clogged by the thousands of partners who’ve done the same thing then split up acrimoniously.
    I do feel she was put in a very difficult position by him originally filling the form in saying she was driving apparently without her knowledge.
    14 months each.
    He’s a (dangerous) idiot for speeding but a bigger idiot for not realising that thousands of drivers are still allowed to drive by the courts when they reach the maximum number of points.

robbespierre
    Free Member

I do feel she was put in a very difficult position by him originally filling the form in saying she was driving apparently without her knowledge.

If you believe her!

anonymouse
    Free Member

If you believe her!

Which the jury (and at least some of the first jury) didn’t.

geoffj

18m her 12m him

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Both: 120hrs Community service……………in Toxteth.
    8 months apiece, in reality.

allthepies
    Free Member

The beak has to give Huhne a reduction in sentence due to his guilty plea, however as he left it until the last second of the very last minute then the reduction is about 10% apparently 🙂

uwe-r
    Free Member

Part of the interest in this is the difference approach each has had in dealing with it neither of which will go down well:

She, has used a cohesion defence which didn’t work partly because she was the one scheming away that brought this to the fore and try to cover it up by lying that was then exposed.

He, at least he pled guilty although not before trying to swerve the whole thing with the kind of legal manoeuvring that John Grisham would be proud of. And it was his speeding that kicked it all of.

allthepies
    Free Member

Oh, and the CPS want him to pay costs for the ~£100K “dicking around” when he was trying to get the case thrown out. 8)

nick1962
    Free Member

She, has used a cohesion defence

Don’t think that will stick 🙂
    Maybe a coercion defence?

tonyd

18 months for her, 12 for him. They both need to be made an example of, too much leniency and there will be outrage. As already said the justice system has a good opportunity here to make a very bold statement to the rest of the population.

Seems to me she’s tried to use the criminal justice system to exact revenge, talk about a woman scorned! She deserves everything she gets and more.

patriotpro
    Free Member

She should get longer than him for being a bitter bint.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

From the “analysis” on the BBC website:

Perverting the course of justice can be committed in many different ways: concealing or destroying evidence, intimidating witnesses or, as in this case, lying to the police.

It is a common law offence – one created by judges and not by Parliament. It carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment. Although that is something of a historical hangover, it remains a very serious offence as it strikes at the heart of the criminal justice system.

In the most extreme cases, for instance, witness intimidation, sentences of up to 12 years have been handed down. Cases involving lying to avoid penalty points are regarded far less seriously, and jail sentences tend to be around six months.

That was the term given in a 2008 case to a man who falsely claimed that he had been driving a car involved in a crash, when his son had been driving. In 2011 a lorry driver received four months for asking a friend to take his points for speeding so he could avoid disqualification.

It’s interesting (and reassuring IMO) to see that judges are quite harsh on PTCOJ crimes. Huhne obviously avoided a perjury charge by pleading guilty…so we’ll have to wait and see if the judge takes this into account to reduce his sentence or not.

I suspect, they’ll both get something similar…around 6 months. If there’s a big difference between the sentences (and of course justice must be blind), especially if Pryce gets more, there will be uproar!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They both need to be made an example of

Thankfully, sentencing doesn’t work like headteachers handing out detentions.

mt
    Free Member

it seems the CPS are going for him on costs as he took court action to have the charge drop. £100k apparently, it would seem that there is a lesson here.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 179 total)

The topic ‘Huhne / Pryce sentencing’ is closed to new replies.