Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • hugi 240 rear hub – any difference to the dt 240s
  • hando
    Free Member

does anybody know if there are any differences between the original hugi 240 rear hub and the newer dt 240s

i’m trying to find out if i can change my hugi 240 hub to 142 x 12mm but the only info i can find refers to the dt 240s.

does anybody know if the hugi is convertable

cheers

gee
    Free Member

Hi

I don’t think the ones before the “s” versions are convertible to anything – QR only.

GB

baznav73
    Free Member

The S denotes the change to stainless bearings.

gee
    Free Member

Yep, and about the same time they became swappable to other axles. I think the ones with the silver logos on the stickers are the ones you can change.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

The Hugis were prone to cracking. The DT Swiss were and are made of a better alloy, and don’t crack!

hando
    Free Member

which isn’t really the point and doesn’t help establish if i can convert the hugi hub i have to 142 x 12

sillyoldman

Think the axle is the same size, so don’t see why not?

Pop off the end caps and read the bearing size. Compare with the schematics for 240s hubs on DT’s website. If the same size, then axle is the same size, and so end caps are likely to be interchangeable.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

which isn’t really the point and doesn’t help establish if i can convert the hugi hub i have to 142 x 12

POSTED 57 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Go for it then!

JoeG
    Free Member

OP – you might need to dig into the DT Swiss Tech Docs and look up part numbers and such.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘hugi 240 rear hub – any difference to the dt 240s’ is closed to new replies.