• This topic has 43 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Huge theft of Data from Yahoo reported on bbc news
  • Cougar

I’ve also had a yahoo email for evaaaar, since 1998 when I went travelling and it’s been my main email address ever since.

Just checked, mine’s 1998 vintage also. Though I haven’t used it in donkeys’ years.

my personal e-mail is Rocketmail of all things, had it forever – late 90’s perhaps,

One of my best friends has [his first name]@rocketmail.com, you’re the second person I’ve ever known have one.

ads678

Crashtestmonkey – I didn’t read mudsharks original responses to me that way. Maybe I was wrong.

fisha
    Free Member

I recently had issues with my old, primary use email address which I got through an early BT Broadband (@btopenworld.com). Because of moving from BT to Sky, and back to BT for broadband, it turns out that the original email account I’ve kept and used over the years is so old that it cant be transferred over to the newer email servers or some weird setup like that.

Made me realise not to have my primary email address tied to a broadband supplier (@btinternet, @sky etc etc) , and instead I’ve began moving over to an @outlook.com email address. This means that (at the moment) regardless of how I get online, my email address will remain the same without the need to transfer anything.

Its taking a long time to move everything over, but at the same time, its been quite good at getting rid of a lot of guff that comes into the email box. I tend to manage it in bursts.

For all the emails going to the old account, I will either:
    – go and log in an change the settings over to the new account
    – or click and follow the unsubscribe buttons.

For the most part, doing the second option has cut down a lot of rubbish emails to both the newer and old account.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Just had my email from them – Bob the soon to be ex Chief Secruiry Officer no doubt.

It’s worse than I thought, lost data includes:

Names, email address no biggie.

DOB, okay so identity theft is an issue.

Security questions and answers, so hopefully that’s favourite colour or some nonsense – my default back in the day was question: when answer: where but they stopped that years ago, hopefully it’s not things like mothers maiden name and first school etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Huge theft of Data from Yahoo reported on bbc news’ is closed to new replies.