Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Huge oil find in the Surrey hills
  • sierrakilo
    Free Member

Not for nothing its known as ” Slurry ”

DickBarton

Potential attempt to start getting people bought in to fracking? Might not be as big as it is being made out to be but the hype will get people wanting it without the issues with fracking…maybe?

edward2000
    Free Member

There isnt a place on earth that meets their atmospheric benzene levels either.

Probably because the atmosphere isn’t on the earth

singletrackmind

No where near Surrey Hills. However threre are plans for a well to be sunk in Coldharbour. Which certainly is Surrey Hills, by the same lot who were trying it on up by BKB.
    Whether or not this is linked to the other find i do not know, might to find its bounaries

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Probably because the atmosphere isn’t on the earth

Pedantry fail surely? Bear in mind it’s a reference to measurements taken on the earths surface (i.e. not not in the stratosphere, mesosphere, or even at altitude in the troposphere, taken ‘on earth’).

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Horley is a sh1t hole soon to become an even properer sh1t hole. One of the most polluted parts of the country as it’s in close proximity to the M23 and Gatwick and my anus.

chojin
    Free Member

I’m just waiting for the United States of ‘Murica to come and “liberate” the people’s republic of Gatwick.

duckman

Does that mean should the UK split up we get a % of the oil in England? That seemed to be a very popular and legally/morally correct standpoint (according to Jam and zulu) in the Indy thread. When you build your huge refinery you could dig a deeper hole in the water and keep your Nuclear sub’s there as well. Win win,save money for the tax payer and give the Nuclear penis extension more..err..exposure to the grateful population centres dahn sarf.

ninfan
    Free Member

Does that mean should the UK split up we get a % of the oil in England?

No, because the matter has been ‘settled for a generation, possibly for a lifetime’

😆

Northwind

Pff, duckman, remember we established during the referendum debate that having huge oil reserves is a national disaster and makes it impossible to run an independent country. As a result of this find, the UK is now going to shut up shop and become part of France.

CountZero

Does that mean should the UK split up we get a % of the oil in England? That seemed to be a very popular and legally/morally correct standpoint (according to Jam and zulu) in the Indy thread. When you build your huge refinery you could dig a deeper hole in the water and keep your Nuclear sub’s there as well. Win win,save money for the tax payer and give the Nuclear penis extension more..err..exposure to the grateful population centres dahn sarf.

Well, the refineries already exist to process crude brought in from elsewhere, they’re built on the coast, like Milford Haven, so tankers can dock easily, and the Trident subs would just transfer to Portsmouth, along side the hunter-killer subs, or wherever the fleet is these days, leaving the Faslane dockers out of work.
    Never let the facts get in the way of a rant, though, will you.

integerspin
    Free Member

Anyone want to come and drill in my garden they can, for a fee, I am only a few hundred yards from Horse Hill.

I always wanted to dig in the field next to me, there is a pipeline squirting paraffin from Heathrow to Gatwick.

TheFlyingOx

Pff, duckman, remember we established during the referendum debate that having huge oil reserves is a national disaster and makes it impossible to run an independent country. As a result of this find, the UK is now going to shut up shop and become part of France.

See, I remember it more along the lines of having ‘huge’ oil reserves is a wonderful thing as long as you don’t:
    a) muddy the waters between total oil and recoverable oil,
    b) deliberately obfuscate value of total oil vs expected tax receipts from recoverable oil,
    c) project oil prices to be an unwaivering $???/bbl in the coming years and then use those projections to fund a significant part of your intended spending plans.

lol jk

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Horley is a sh1t hole soon to become an even properer sh1t hole.

Horley is a little strange but it is a paradise compared to nearby Crawley.

Leatherhead is somewhere else in Surrey that is a little strange.

But there are far worse places in the UK, including a lot of London.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@integerspin – I am pretty sure you don’t own the mineral rights under your property, usually explicitly excluded in the deeds

Rockape63
    Free Member

Horley might be in Surrey but is Horse Hill where they found the oil in Surrey ?

If you’re driving from Gatwick/Horley towards Dorking you head towards Leigh and Horse Hill is the first road you turn off the A217 onto. Its actually the name of the road.

duckman

Countzero,your Pompey base isn’t suitable for trident subs and I wasn’t ranting,the other respondents took it in the tongue in cheek manner it was meant to be.However,don’t let that fact get in the way of your ability to rant about other people ranting.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Huge oil find in the Surrey hills’ is closed to new replies.