Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hudl2 or Kindle Fire?
  • singlespeedstu

For internet browsing, listening to music off Amazon Icloud and reading?

Cougar

Hudl.

I can’t see many compelling reasons to get the Kindle Fire over, well, anything.

aa
    Free Member

What’s so bad about the kindle fire?? Its on my Xmas list…

Cougar

There’s nothing bad about it particularly (other than it being Amzon-ified). Just that there’s plenty of better options.

househusband

From reviews I gather that the Hudl (or Hudl 2) is similarly Tesco-ified BUT the Tesco apps are much easier to squirrel away. Been looking at the Hudl 2 myself since the Lollipop ‘update’ pretty much borked my Nexus 7…

firestarter
    Free Member

Daughter had a kindle fire and i got a hudl the first model. And its much better than the fire. So much so when wife and other daughter wanted a tablet they opted for the hudl. Infact ive just bought one for the little lad for Christmas for 80 as they are selling them off.

There is one tesco app that you can hide and no tie ins restrictions on anything as there is on the fire

Lazgoat
    Free Member

The Fire is seriously locked down to Amazon services and the Amazon Store. The Hudl isn’t. I’d also consider the Nexus 7 2013 and with all of these get one with at least 32GB of storage.

Stoner
    Free Member

hudl2 – I have one. More than holds it’s own against a 1st gen Nexus 7. Nice and bright screen, good sound. Slick operation. Can be easily de-tescofied with the installation of the Nova Launcher (for free). Wouldnt even know it was a tesco device now. And a bargin at £110 with the £10 of your first tesco direct order code.

I see no reason to tie yourself to Amazon.

singlespeedstu

Cheers all Hudl2 ordered.

househusband

Have just received clearance from ‘Project Management’; turns out we have enough Tesco vouchers to buy ourselves a Hudl 2 each – paying for only one! Bless her little cotton socks.

singlespeedstu

Have just received clearance from ‘Project Management’

Sorry can you say that again in English. 😆
    I just wanted to buy something for my missus.

MoreCashThanDash

We have a Hudl2, and I have no idea what you are all on about it being Tesco-fied 😕

I turn it on, I browse the web/play games/turn it off. Not seen a thing from Tesco on it. It’s been great for the money.

Parents have a Kindle Fire, seem happy with it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hudl2 or Kindle Fire?’ is closed to new replies.