Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hudl2 – Not as good as all that?
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

Got 2 of my kids Hudl2’s for Xmas. They have been great; easy to set up, good screen and handy kid controls.

2 weeks ago, one started to do weird stuff. Apps were not working right and various security messages appearing. It was caused by the date and time changing at random. Simple, a quick set and off you go. It’s fine for a day or so, then goes weird agian.

Now the second has gone the same way. Weirdly, this was the one that was first powered up 2 weeks after the other, so about the same ‘live’ time.

A quick Google shows this to be a widespread and well known fault.

Tesco have so far shrugged their shoulders and said it isn’t a big problem, so tough. I’m not happy with that.

Anyone else had the same issue?

Stoner
    Free Member

not had a problem on mine yet, got it before xmas too and used it pretty much flat out since.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

These were bought soon after the release so first powered up late October.

Give it a month or so, then…

MoreCashThanDash

Bought ours just after they were released, no problems yet. And they take a lot of hammer from the kids.

Think Tesco need to take it more seriously though

nemesis
    Free Member

Mine seems ok too. The only negative I have is that the screen isn’t as sensitive as my Nexus 7 so I find myself inadvertantly ‘clicking’ things while just scrolling sometimes.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Got mine the day it came out and used it without a hint of a problem every day since.

I did see some support replies on the Tesco Facebook page, mostly from others Hudl users, but the Tesco rep’s responses were fairly encouraging, so might be worth posting on there too.

cookeaa

Tesco have so far shrugged their shoulders and said it isn’t a big problem, so tough. I’m not happy with that.

It’s SOGA Time!

A politely worded email explaining you require a resolution which would be either Repair, Replacement or Refund for the faulty goods they sold you within the next week, or else you will be sharing all correspondence on the topic, plus your log of the issues with trading standards…

brassneck

Does it support ntp / automatic time & date upfdate? Swityching this on (or off if its on) might fix it till it gets patched.. sounds like a software issue rather than the Hudl per se.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It was on auto time set; but it still does weird stuff with that off.

Tesco have come back to me today and said there will be a firmware upgrade ‘in the future’ but have gone all quiet as to when that may be.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Got to say, I’m a very happy user.

I only use my iPad because I have to occasionally for work. For the other 99% of the time, the Hudl’s fantastic.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Yep mine and the SO have the same fault on ours.

Alphabet

I’ve had mine since Christmas and with only light use the time/date has gone wrong. It doesn’t matter if I set it manually or put it in auto mode by the next day it’s wrong again.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hudl2 – Not as good as all that?’ is closed to new replies.