Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Hudl update – 'unknown issue with Google play services' ?
  • iainc

My 2 yr old Hudl updated this morning and now won’t open gmail, with above error message. Everything else seems OK. any ideas ?

PePPeR

Don’t know how to deal with that problem, but if you need to get onto gmail, could you use it in a web browser?

iainc

Yes, it works that way fine thanks, just the gmail app and icon don’t seem to work, weird…

phiiiiil

Mine did that after updating today; I think it was because the disk was full. Clearing some old stuff out and applying the huge list of updates that were failing seems to have fixed it (touch wood).

Edit: scratch that… on restarting I get the error too, and gmail or inbox don’t work… 🙁

iainc

Tried uninstalling etc, but no change. Hopefully will sort itself out in a few days…. Reminiscent of the lollipop demise of my Nexus which led me to buy the Hudl in the first place…

phiiiiil

Clearing the cache and data from the play services app and reinstalling inbox seems to have fixed those, but I haven’t restarted it to see if that error has gone.

I am very distrusting of tablet and phone updates because they always seem to break things or slow things down more than they improve anything…

nairnster
    Free Member

Its surely more an issue with the app not having been uodated by google to work with the katest Hudl update. Not the hudl’s fault

iainc

That makes sense, thanks. Hopefully App will update soon, cheers.

muggomagic

Is it the OS that’s updated? If so see if there is an update available for google play services via the play store.
    If it’s up to date you can try uninstall updates via settings —> apps then update again.

iainc

yes, it was an OS update. Will have a look on play store this evening, thanks

Stoner
    Free Member

have just run the update process on mine (hudl2) Now at Build No. KOT49H

No problem running gmail app.

No changes to Google Play services required.

SOrry cant be much more help.

benman
    Free Member

Mine updated last night, and is also buggy with ‘google play service’ errors.

Hoping they get it sorted soon.

iainc

Have just checked it and Google play has updated during the day and seems OK now….

nemesis
    Free Member

I got the play services error too – restarted and it’s ok now.

andyl
    Free Member

anyone else updated to Lollipop on their Hudl2 yet?

Had quite a few problems at first but settled down now. Had to do a factory reset through (backed up first)

nemesis
    Free Member

I think that’s what we’re talking about, isn’t it?

EDIT – oh, I see, Hudl/Hudl2. Mine is a Hudl2

unovolo
    Free Member

Hudl2 here and updated the other day, it flattened the battery doing the update then was stuck.
    Had to boot into safe mode or whatever it’s called wipe the cache, do a factory reset then finally got it to complete the update.

Has been perfect ever since.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Hudl update – 'unknown issue with Google play services' ?’ is closed to new replies.