Huchinson Toro

Home Forum Bike Forum Huchinson Toro

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Huchinson Toro
  • Premier Icon mboy
    Subscriber

I’ve used the 2.35’s (more like a 2.2-2.25 in other makes) and they are a very good tyre. Grip is very good, almost Maxxis Minion-esque but they also roll very well too.

Premier Icon wheelie
    Subscriber

Thanks mboy. I was thinking the 2.15 as I am running Rebas, would the 2.35,s be too big?

Premier Icon wheelie
    Subscriber

Are the Huchinson Toro hardskin 2.15 as good as the mags make out?
    What are your experiences? Slashed a sidewall on one of my Ground Controls today at QECP so looking for something a bit more substantial.I ride a Soul.

hainman

had them on my Rockrider and they good,and never had a puncture so they were up to the task,

Van Halen

I have some oem toros and I hate them. Way sketchy. The pattern looks good so maybe its just the rubber. Oh pinch super easy and a bastard to tubless. Ended up as a rear tyre only.

Premier Icon mboy
    Subscriber

They’re not big at all for a 2.35″. I had them on a bike fitted with Reba’s too, more tyre clearance than with a 2.2″ Rubber Queen that’s for certain!

EDIT: I’ve got a pair of 2.35″ Tubeless Light Toro’s for sale actually if you wanted them. Two rides old (I’ve switched to a 29er), mail in profile if you’re interested.

Premier Icon wheelie
    Subscriber
    rewski

Anymore thoughts on these, thinking I might give them a try.

stanfree

I’ve got them on boy my bikes on the rear and a Nobby Nic on the front. I think they are really good and hard wearing. I think I paid about £15 in the EBC sale.

rewski

£15 wow, cheapest I can find is £45 a pop.

prawny

Decent enough, not the grippiest but predictable sliding, they haven’t managed to dump me on my face yet, despite a fair few two wheel slides.

Only 1 puncture in 12 months, that was a pinch and I was going to put a bit more air in the rear when I got home. I wouldn’t blame the tyre for that.

As said before though, I tried to tubeless mine last summer, my ears are still ringing. But the upside, no need to carry tyre levers.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Huchinson Toro’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top