Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Hub bearings needed – where to buy?
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Need some new bearings for my Fulcrum Red Metal 5 wheels.

The code on the seal is 7149788, which is 19x28x5.

Where do I buy them and what will they be listed as?

cakefest
    Free Member

£25 for 2 bearings?? Crikey.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andypandy85
    Free Member

Ebay.

I bought some for my DH wheels for about £2.50, no issues with them whatsoever!

scotroutes

Try Katec.

Drac

Katec gets my vote.

nixon
    Free Member

If you’re after ceramic bearings at reasonable prices, try Ebay user Zjwhsd. Typically £10 for 2 bearings plus £1.50 shipping, I’m running on them at the mo and they’re very smooth; they’re properly sealed as well, not all ceramic bearings are.

Whatever bearings you get, I would recommend picking the seals off (carefully) and packing with grease, as they tend to be a bit light on it straight from the factory.

tinglesrack
    Free Member

Give these guys a call with the dimensions. They are a great company. Dont buy the cheapest you can find. You get what you pay for so best to buy something good quality. £6-10 a bearing is considered good quality and comparable to what cycle companies use.
    http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/index.html

schmiken

Katec on eBay. Just bought four bearings for my Powertap, great quality and quick.

cakefest
    Free Member

Katec has hundreds of bearings. A search of the store with my terms ’19x28x5′ or the 7149788 number on the seal brings up nothing.

How do I find the right ones?

scotroutes

Email him.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah email him. He’s the best for bearings if you want good ones.

Greybeard
    Free Member

You could try emailing Katec direct

kaesae@blueyonder.co.uk

tomhughes46

As above, have used Katec for my odd extended inner race bearings and he was very helpful.

For something more ordinary; I use Simply Bearings all the time for both work and pleasure and normally next day delivery even with the free postage option. Can’t go wrong with SKF/FAG or similar. 2RS denotes rubber sealed.

vincienup
    Free Member

+1 on Katec. Friendly, reasonably priced and top bearings.

cakefest
    Free Member

Do I need to use a ‘proper’ drift to whack them back in? – Hope drift set £20!!

And do I need proper circlip pliers to get the circlip out? Anything else I could use to save some money?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Cakefest its always best to push bearings in if possible, I usually use a bit of threaded bar and nuts, and some thick washers (or old bearings) by turning the nut you have a much better chance of fitting them without damaging the bearing.you can bosh them in with a hammer, but you really need the right drifts, crclip pliers etc or tools to do it properly. iimhe.

tomhughes46

Circlip pliers are hard to improvise. Threaded bar and sockets works ok. I have a big vice and a RRP bearing press now though, makes life much easier.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Hub bearings needed – where to buy?’ is closed to new replies.