Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hub /axle standards
  • ulysse
    Free Member

I really really love my Voodoo Bizango, but since going one by ten, i’m finding the limits of the standard freewheel when in low speed balance / track stand situations.
    Not for the first time I found myself thinking I needed more points of engagement as the cranks go nearly a third of a revolution before picking up.

So as I ain’t a millionaire I found myself looking on superstar, and judging by that, is rear 9mm Qr soon to be a thing of the past?

Should I be thinking about flopping the bizango for something with a rear bolt through axel, or do I buy a hope hub and find myself a wheel builder?

brant
    Free Member

Rear QR is 10mm

akira

Most hubs these days are adaptable and so many people still have rear qr that I wouldn’t worry about it. Enjoying my trews Brant.

ulysse
    Free Member

Blonde moment, dude, i get lots of ’em 😉

Either way, there seems to be only one option for 29er QR rear on SS so is this a peculiarity in SS supply chain and stocks, or is the industry heading bolt thru and would it be prudent to get out of my frame now?

In all other respects, the Bizango does nearly everything i want, to the point that the Canyon nerve aint been touched other than arsing about in the yard at work for nigh on 2 month

ulysse
    Free Member

Enjoying my trews Brant.

The Mrs has been dropping subtle hints that its her birthday soon 😉

robowns
    Free Member

Industry went bolt thru about 4 years back. As above, get a 9mm Hope wheel and you can just convert it to 142 later (albeit you can’t go to 148 without more adaptors).

ulysse
    Free Member

So CRC, buy a Hope hub and look for a competent wheel builder around Manchester it looks to be…

brant
    Free Member

As above, get a 9mm Hope wheel and you can just convert it to 142 later (albeit you can’t go to 148 without more adaptors).

Rear axle diameter is 10mm. Front is 9mm. Unsure why.

ulysse
    Free Member

I’d bet Chris Porter would have an opinion on that, Brant 😉
    I believe he gave an anti derailleur rant in an interview as the cassette holds back axle size

tomhoward

Enjoying my trews Brant.

I’m enjoying 2/3 of mine. Brant, drop me a mail?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hub /axle standards’ is closed to new replies.