Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Huawei p9 lite. New phone. Can't find the auto font resize thingy option.
  • damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

I just bought this new phone (Vodafone £150 bargain)

Absolutely love it and I’ve set it up just like my htc apart from 1 thing.

When I’m reading Web pages I used to be able to zoom in and my htc would resize the font to fit the page.

My Huawei zooms in and makes the font larger but doesn’t size it to fit the page so in order to read the page I have to scroll left and right. It’s giving me a headache.

I’ve looked through All the settings, read the manual and Googled solutions but can’t work it out.

Any technical gurus out there that can help?

mattyfez

I think what you are referring to is called text reflow, htc’s browser was fantastic for this, but many browsers including chrome simply don’t have that feature, rendering them all but useless.

Two browsers that do, albeit not quite a slick as htc’s browser (which they have now dropped support for anyway) are opera and dolphin.

Im currently using opera, but give both a try, see which you prefer.

But it’s a web browser issue, nothing to do with the phone. I belive Huawei are bundled with chrome browser, which doesn’t support text reflow.

rOcKeTdOg

I use chrome on my htc & it does the fit the screen thing

damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

That’s brilliant, I didn’t even think it would be the browser.

I use Firefox rather than chrome.

What are the security levels of those?

Thanks

mattyfez

They are mainstream browsers, just not quite as popular as thing’s like chrome or Firefox..as good as any I would say.

Kamakazie

Thoroughly recommend Opera.
    It’s my favourite mobile browser when set up in tablet layout so all the tabs run along the top bar. Text reflow is a must on mobile browsers IMO.

damascus
    Free Member

Dolphin works a treat. Thanks

damascus
    Free Member

I didn’t like dolphin, opera seems far more user friendly. Thanks again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Huawei p9 lite. New phone. Can't find the auto font resize thingy option.’ is closed to new replies.