Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Huawei p9 and strava ??
  • renton
    Free Member

Having issues with my p9 and strava not recording full rides.

Twice now I’ve finished and gone to shut it down only for it to say “strava has just recovered from an error “.

Missing quite a big chunk of my ride.

Anyone else have issues.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I had a Strava error on my Nexus the other day, thankfully just missed the painfully slow hill climb after 20-odd miles flat out and the warm-down, first time I can recall having issues in months. Maybe the previous build was the issue (since then I’ve had an update, possibly from the beta program I signed up for, no issues so far).

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Go into your battery manager settings bit, you need to make it a protected app or something. Mine did this, it still does occasionally, but this helps.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I think there is a problem with whatever Android build Huawei are using. I’ve been using RunKeeper for years without issue on a Samsung phone, but whenever I use RunKeeper on my Huawei it seems to stop at a random point – there doesn’t appear to be any time period before it stops and I have RunKeeper as a protected app, etc. I’m thinking it may be because the phone is killing the GPS tracking but I’ve no way of knowing for certain or preventing this happening. Very annoying!

househusband

I’ve given up using my Huawie Whorehi Howwhy same make of phone as you due to the same issue; even after trying to protect the app from battery drain – just use my Garmin 510!

tryfan
    Free Member

Hi
    exactly the sme issue on my P9, gave up and bought a garmin, which oddly works perfectly with the P9 running garmin connect, always uploads easily and flashes texts etc onto the garmin screen

jakd95
    Free Member

Exactly the same problem with my P9, really annoying as it’s a great phone for everything else (had since Aug 2016). It used to cut out every ~50 mins unless you went on the app, which was annoying but not the end of the world, but after some update about 2 weeks ago it’s completely buggered. Accuracy has gone to pot and it drops GPS signal constantly, completely unusable. I’ve tried all sorts of updates, checking power savings, wiping GPS data and nothing has helped. Given up with Strava on it and I’m using an old iPhone 5C with no sim card that works perfectly.

renton
    Free Member

Mmm don’t you need mobile data for strava to work ?

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Second the battery management.i couldn’t figure out why my outlook s auto download kept stopping, battery management.

oldnpastit

Mmm don’t you need mobile data for strava to work ?

No.

But you do need to do the battery protection thing as above.

Stainypants

I use Ghostracer to record run/rides then upload to Strava when I’m done.

I you get more info mid ride plus you can choose what goes to strava so you can ignore those 2 second rides that get when you decide to restart a ride.

I’m not sure it would fix your issues

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

But you do need to do the battery protection thing as above.

That doesn’t seem to work on the P9 though – it still keeps killing the app as and when it feels like it.

It’s not just an issue with Strava as it happens on RunKeeper also – maybe when the latest Android update is available it will hopefully fix the issue.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Huawei p9 and strava ??’ is closed to new replies.