• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mdb.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • http://www.immobilise.com
  • qwerty
    Free Member

i’ve FINALLY registered all of mine 😀

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Dear Scumbag working at Immobilise for minimum wage,

At 23 Mercer Crescent you will find the following stuff:

2x Laptops
    IPhone
    iPods x4
    Flat screen telly
    New iMac
    Loads of other stuff I cant be bothered to invent
    An Ibis Mojo SL
    A scabby pair of bombers
    etc etc etc

Please sell this list on to your scummy pals for a fiver with my contact details so you can check Im out before they call round

Lots of Love

xx

Seriously its a good idea to keep track of your gear
    I have a list of serial numbers stored in an email account
    If I ever need to I can easily access them and then and only then post them to a third party such as immobilise

Cheers

qwerty
    Free Member

😯 i did think of this but it was a copper who said i should, it must be a proper secure site, no ❓

MrAgreeable

Iamsporticus, I take it that every time you buy goods from a shop you give them a fake address too, just in case the staff are spivs? 😉

Having said that, I would only register property after it was stolen, or you could have difficulty if you decide to sell or give it away.

qwerty
    Free Member

Having said that, I would only register property after it was stolen, or you could have difficulty if you decide to sell or give it away.

you can just edit or delete it 💡

MrAgreeable

Fair enough then! I’ve never used it personally but I do know a guy who had his Dialled PA returned to him after registering it on there. Probably more use than writing your postcode on it with a UV pen. 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

i was chatting to a City of London copper the other day about cycle theft, he said that when they come across a bike (as in find not routine stops) first thing they do is run it through immobilise to see if its nicked

MrAgreeable

The police in Bristol use it too.

mdb
    Free Member

Immobilise is a great system which works.

I was involved in some of the development of it into the bike sector a few years back – it was kick-started by mobile phone companies – and its biggest strength is that it is probably the only system used by nearly (might be all now) police forces in the country.

One police officer said to me recently that bike theft in the UK is staggering and there is no sign of it reducing. Amazingly most thefts happen from the home, ie, garage / shed etc. Systems like Immobilise are really useful in getting bikes back to their rightful owners.

However the main downside is that if the frame number is removed it makes identification even harder. This is why some companies are now trialling RFID systems to either replace or compliment frame numbers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘http://www.immobilise.com’ is closed to new replies.