Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 248 total)
  • H.T.N. !
  • blastit
    Free Member

On the British Cycling site it wants riders to be 18 years old can I just alter that bit to suit my 14 year old son ?

tomhoward

id drop terranawk/jase a mail to check beforehand. theres a contact form on the website, though hell prob see this

blastit
    Free Member

mail sent , Thanks

terrahawk
    Free Member

only 30 places left!

RustySpanner

Blimey!
    29 now hopefully.
    🙂

Was going to wait till I got paid on Friday, glad I didn’t now.

terrahawk
    Free Member

blastit
    Free Member

No one answering
    Help any one in control please ?
    Sent mail but no resonse as yet.
    So what’s the minimum age to enter please ??
    Thanks Si

terrahawk
    Free Member

not had an email.
    What address are you sending it to?

terrahawk
    Free Member

annnyway. Under 18s can ride as long as they’re accompanied by an adult (that’s you) at ALL TIMES. Obviously Richpips and Tom are ok cos they’re on a tandem.
    You’ll also need to sign a disclaimer.
    And enter the race. ]

Hope that clears things up.

ta.

blastit
    Free Member

Super thanks for clearing that up Terra

Harry_the_Spider

Preview ride on Monday evening.

Bing money for a pint and some lights.

Details here -> Linky

binners

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Sm1nf1]Hit the north preview[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

dazh

Preview ride on Monday evening.

Unless by some miracle it’s dry between now and the 26th, if you haven’t got any, I’d invest in some skinny mud tyres 😉

Bunnyhop

I’m no longer able to come and be a marshal 🙁

The weather forecast is looking good for Saturday, have fun in the sun everyone 🙂

binners

Boo hiss! Who am I going to stop and have a chat too now? 😥

In other news, its been raining pretty much unceasingly for about a week now, and shows no signs of stopping. I think it might be a tad slippy underfoot

tomhoward

Bike welly boots arrived yesterday, shorty and beaver, though not sure anything short of a half track will be enough…

Binners, I’ll be stopping at a great many points throughout the race to cough up a lung have a natter, I may not be as sparkling a conversationalist as bunnyhop though…

Bunnyhop

Haha, I’m usually the one shouting insults as you all try to concentrate on one of the more life threatening, perilous, drops of doom.

Binners – keep our team spirit alive, I’m counting on you. How is the carbo loading coming on? Plenty of pies and pastys I hope 😀

snotrag

Looking forward to this now. Mud tyres very much in place – not that I expect it to make much difference. I’ll be on a Boardman Pro, with a pistonheads jersey probably – say hello!

tomhoward

I’ll be in full on ‘Brand Ambassador’ mode…

binners

Conditions update:

Well this morning I started my training programme in earnest. I nipped out for a jaunt and after a couple of miles my bike looked like this:

I believe the term is ‘claggy’. Though this is a massive improvement on “I’m not ****ing going out there in this!”, which its been for the last two weeks. Its going to be carnage! 😀

But I did manage to get my bike decked out with my sponsors logos….

Something to provide me with motivation, and keep me like TOTALLY stoked! 😀

Right… I’m off to the pub! See you tomorrow!

vickypea
    Free Member

Assuming my dodgy back lets me take part, I’ll have 2 rubber ducks sitting on top of my helmet. And I’ll be trundling along slowly….

binners

I’ll see your rubber ducks and raise you a squeeky chipmunk i’ve just put on my bars, to save me constantly shouting ‘ELITE RACER COMING THROUGH!!!!’ 😀

Harry_the_Spider

I’m really wishing that I could be there now. I’ll be thinking of you lot whilst I’m doing something boring as hell.

Have a good one!

h4muf
    Free Member

I’m Buzzing! Just hope its as good as the previous ones!

tomhoward

I’ve just had a major component of my prerace nutrition plan, some (bloody lovely) pork and black pudding pie. Left over Colin the caterpillar birthday cake later.

Might have some sports biscuits later too. Because affaleet.

binners

That sounds ace!

Is gammon, egg, chips and beans, washed down with Shiraz technically classed as carb loading? If not, then a double sausage and egg macmuffin in the morning is, right?

Hells

Unfortunately I’m not going to make it! My hip flexor went on me on Tuesday! 🙁 I’m only just able to get in & out the car without being in serious pain! The thought of riding a bike for 2 hours doesn’t bear thinking about! Gutted!!

tomhoward

High protein, carbs and fibre, bloody hell binners, that’s practically trying! Your cover is blown, I’ve long suspected you’re actually an elite rider who’s super modest before a race, then tears the legs off everyone. Even pre riding the course!

I assume your mcmuffin will be laced with something from a predelivered Tupperware box?

pocpoc
    Free Member

Guinness and steak pie with chips. That’s carb loading right??
    Now off? to the shop to stock up on Jelly babies to eat and share with the Marshalls on my way round (any excuse for a breather!)

vickypea
    Free Member

I was in 2 minds about doing it because I’ve had a bad back and am hideously unfit but now I feel compelled to look out for Binners’ chipmunk!

mintimperial

Right, final race preparation completed: oiled the propellor on the small plastic aeroplane zip-tied to my helmet. I am going to look well pro. 😀

(I promise not to do my best not to fall off in front of any genuinely fast people…)

dawson

If it’s that claggy, the fast riders will have made a clear line by the time the rest of us get thru…

Or it will be a foot deep

xherbivorex
    Free Member

pretty sure i am going to die tomorrow. see you all there!

binners

Bloody hell Hells, that’s not good! 😥 Hope you get sorted soon

Vicky, no mater how unfit you (think you) are, you’re in serious competition here. Everyone gets a honk of the chipmunk as they lap me (again!). I suspect you’ll hear it repeatedly! 🙂

duncancallum

I’m currently pre loading ibuprofen and some 4yr expired co codamol.

I’m thinking of washing it down with some single malt.

My breakfast plan I think is greenaulghs….

Hip flask will be out during the race…

binners

Fair play Dunc!

Can I just put it out there that post ride/race/whatevoooo is at the Church in Prestwich.

We’ve managed to forgive them for removing the pie fridge. Just!

Hells

Cheers binners! Live to ride another day. Got my annual trip to HONC in 2 weeks, so I have to be sensible about this one!! Currently treating it with combination therapy; Ibuprofen & beer!! It’s feeling much better today than earlier in the week so I seem to be on the mend!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m gonna be parking by the church anyway Ads, i’m on call tomorrow so may have to get to my car before the race is over…

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ve been marking out the course all afternoon – and I can report that the course (apart from a couple of perma-bogs) is DRY and FAST.
    And I’ve caught the sun.

See y’all tomoz!

binners

When you say FAST, you’re factoring us in? I think of myself as a technical obstacle for the fast boys. A (barely) mobile chicane.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 248 total)

The topic ‘H.T.N. !’ is closed to new replies.