• This topic has 279 replies, 81 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 280 total)
  • HTN 4
  • nbt

Is that 3 imperial inches or 3 man inches?

edit: aw that’s not you, that’s Benji!

mintimperial

edit: aw that’s not you, that’s Benji!

Why I oughtta…

*shakes fists*

sambob
    Free Member

Some top marshalling by rockitman, from a very knackered number 44 😉

rockitman

Cheers no 44. I am no longer disappointed in you if you didn’t make the climb 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

I made it every time! Would probably have struggled without your “encouragement” mind 😉

sparkola

rockitman – +1 on the top marshalling (along with all of the other marshals, of course!) – your shouts of “You’re not getting off the bike” helped no end on my final lap. Ta.

Excellent camera work by all the photographers too!

edhornby

I thought the marshalls were all superb and I’m sorry I didn’t get chance to say thanks properly to you all but big thumbs up from me

quality event

D0NK

rockitman were you at the top of the motorway bridge climb? Good work fella

( all the marshals were great too)

rockitman

Yes that was I D0nk. Cheers 🙂

BristolPablo
    Free Member

thanks to all the people who organised it and made it happen, no bull, it was udderly great and it was nice to meat lots of like minded people, a good herd if you will. Although it was chilly, it wasnt friesian and i had no beef with anyone overtaking, i know, i’m milking it know but ut have a Cotic BFe and it seemed like a good idea at the time…

tthew

Thanks for the pointers, that was definitely the jump where superbrian was stood, but a bit further down and looking back up the trail. I’ll take a look through Sport Sunday,but wow, that’s a lot of pictures!

chrismanc
    Free Member

Haha rockitman thanks also!!

“comon you can ride from there..!!” as i was walking up the climb numerous times. Hah, thanks kept me going!

Hallz nice…meeting you :o(the guy on the genesis core stood beside you waiting for it all to start)

cp

Naffrider – quite possibly! were you on the 29er? I was on the red inbred. Thought I had you, but you came from nowhere just at the end! Great race! Assume you were first ss?!

banks
    Free Member

Also, I’ve not paid for my ticket – lucky number 13 as the original ‘racer’ is a very clumsy man – was meant to find you guys & donate 20quid so is there a way to get it to you PayPal or whatever or shall I donate 20quid to the Christie if that’s ok?
    banks – we’ll still need to pay your insurance levy and per-rider charges to landowners so if it’s all the same with you we’ll collect that entry fee please. Can you drop me an email at jasonm AT jmc.it please. Ta.
    (unless you acquired the entry from someone else who did pay, in which case I’ll leave it up to you to pay him/her)

Mr clumsy man was already paid up & is quite happy for the money to go to charity, i made an attempt at the end but found the food tent. Can send the £20 to a charity of your choice..

Ben_mw

Well, enjoyed that a lot more than I expected to! Thanks to all the organisers for putting on a really good event, hope you made plenty for your charities. Thanks also to all the marshalls for your your encouragement and abuse!
    Regarding the comments about rude riders, personally I prefer it when someone shouts which side they will pass me, rather than just Rider! and I only had one example of someone barging past when there wasn’t really space (and of course he was miles behind the riders in front, and miles in front of the riders behind) and at the water splash bit, someone shouting at me to get a hurry on whilst I’d slowed to let someone who was walking it to clear the exit so I could ride it, funnily enough he didn’t then come past me that I know of!
    All in all, a top event!
    (Also had a little thought as the balloons went up at the start).

naffrider
    Free Member

@CP, yeah, that was me =) I thought you had me too! Crawled my way back on last lap and then that climb after the tunnel seemed to suit me! Was great to battle with another SSer. Guess I was first SS, no idea tbh. Was fun regardless =)

phil56

It really was a great event – well done to everyone who made it happen.
    Here’s a quick edit of the first lap starting at the back with the ‘Fat lads’-

[video]http://vimeo.com/59863397[/video]

I don’t seem to be able to make the link work – sorry!

Thanks!

nbt

take out the “s” from “https”?
    [video]http://vimeo.com/59863397[/video]

simondbarnes

Nice vid 🙂

D0NK

good vid phil, what tunes?

How did the fat bikerists manage on the field of despair, we’re they solemnly trudging through the mud like the rest of us losing the will to live or smugly floating over the top without a care in the world? 🙂

badllama
    Free Member

Any trail map for this place yet? 🙂

nbt

they were handing them out at the Bury Ranger stand at the race!

Harry_the_Spider

Any trail map for this place yet?

There is a big one on a sign post in the car park.

project
    Free Member

badllama – Member
    Any trail map for this place yet?

Pictuere here , enlarge and then print

https://picasaweb.google.com/115867557921985666080/HITTHENORTH2013#5845986783594769378

Harry_the_Spider

That’s the footpath map.

This is the bike map.

http://www.bury.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=10872&p=0

D0NK

This is the bike map.

riiiight so it’s a figure of 8 not a loop, that did have me a little confused when I was exploring 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

riiiight so it’s a figure of 8 not a loop, that did have me a little confused when I was exploring

yeah! the bit in the race is the first half(ish) of the trail; instead of diverting to the right up that steepish muddy climb to the field behind where the finish line was, you continue on until the trail gets back to the road, then ride up to the top of the hill where the start of the second “loop” goes off to your left (just down past the entrance to the kids’ play area/car park). then that loops you round back to a similar area at the road (near the back end of the race car park from saturday) it’s fun!

GregMay
    Free Member

What a day out 🙂

5 years since the first winter race and still an ace event. Well done lads, as usual I’ll be back for the next one.

Also..can we have the summer race back now?

*runs and hides*

Harry_the_Spider

no

nbt

Yay, Mrs NBT remains reigning champ (mixed teams). Along with teammate Binners, funnily enough he’s not mentioned that fact that a reigning HTN champ finished in last place this year 😉

binners

I’m afraid that its indicative of the way most things have been heading generally nbt. Has it really come to this?

nbt

It’s a brave new world, binners

D0NK

no

booooooo

badllama
    Free Member

Cheers guys I’ll give that a run this weekend coming 🙂
    nbt I did not attend the race meet hence the question 😳

GregMay
    Free Member

no

Ahh go on… you know you want to*

How can it possibly be any harder 😉

*this may be a lie.

terrahawk
    Free Member

very, very hard to sell tickets for a race in the summer. the 8 hour race we did a bit back made about £2.50 profit because only a quarter of the number of people we’d budgeted for actually paid to enter.

We learned (the hard and very stressful way) back then that the UK race calendar doesn’t need another large cycle event in the summer. For organisers the potential for a financial kicking is quite high.

a bigger event in the winter though…..

GregMay
    Free Member

A bigger winter event you say…. why that sounds perfectly good to me 🙂

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Mancpuffer?

mintimperial

a bigger event in the winter though…..

What about spring or autumn? Bit more daylight, bit less liquid in the Swamp Field of Despair? I’d definitely be up for a longer Hit The North though, whenever you do it.

MrSparkle

A longer event in the winter, you say? Won’t somebody think of the children marshals??!!

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 280 total)

The topic ‘HTN 4’ is closed to new replies.