• This topic has 279 replies, 81 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 280 total)
  • HTN 4
  • simondbarnes

730 images currently processing. Pics up later tonight…

You picked a good spot, looking forward to the pics.

mrlugz
    Free Member

Loved it this year, new jumpy bit was ace. Had a really crap start but still managed 6 laps.

Nice to put a name to a face Ben Houldsworth. I was with Paul Errington when you came over for a bit craic.

Thanks to everyone who made it possible, will be back again next year!

naffrider
    Free Member

Ace on every level*

*Not including the Field of Despair 🙂

Thanks to all involved!

eightyeight
    Free Member

Massive thanks to all the organisers, marshals and (especially for me) the St. John Ambulance. The course was epic, brilliant down bits and crunching ups!

Unfortunately for me I decided to show off on the jumps and just got back from A&E. Dislocated shoulder and a few cuts and bruises. MASSIVE thanks to everyone who looked after me (especially the chap who pushed my broken bike back to the car park and the lady who first helped me). Although rubbish for me, it really showed the spirit of the event!

Was on my 3rd lap and like to fool myself that I would done 4. Thanks again, great morning.

scaled
    Free Member

http://s1342.beta.photobucket.com/user/carrieandmickey/library/HTN%204%202013

Few pics up there taken by my gf – there’s a good one of you at the end Helen 😀

Clover

Great event, thanks to Terrahawk and Harry the Spider and all the other organisers. It was fun but gone in a blur!

Well apart from Jane and the ‘you can ride it’ (not on a cx today Jane, sorry), I remember that bit…. Oh, and the new bermy bit is great fun. Even on a cx.

Great event with the ironically promised ‘Nice Weather’ making a show. Many thanks to everyone who purchased the letterpress prints and go get yourself one before they all disappear…
    http://www.twisted-head.com

Harry_the_Spider

Warren, save one of them for me. I’ll email you in the week.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Fantastic event today as usual. Good to see everyone having fun on what looked like a blast of a course. Pics are here: HERE (currently updating – if no pics show give it a few minutes)

theboatman
    Free Member

The talk about laps has got me and me mate wondering how the results are ‘judged’, if there are results? we never really checked. We just thought you rode for 2 hours or so. We both did 4 laps, me finishing lap 4 in 2hrs and a minute or so, and him going through lap 3 on about 1:55 so finishing lap 4 when i was shivering by the car. Are we both 4 lappers or would i have been better being a bit less polite and squeezing lap 4 in just under 2hrs and cruising lap 5? This does matter, we have know each other for 37 years and need to know who won, to establish who gets the single or double bed in our hotel 🙂
    * if we draw, we will have to top and tail the double 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

I think of it like this…..Nicky Craig wins and everybody else came joint 2nd.
    Except the bloke on a fixed cx.He comes like 1st.1 just for being teh awesome.

bones76
    Free Member

What a great event and can’t wait for next year!!! Brilliant course and fab weather for a change!! Managed to clear everything that was rideable on most laps though like most faded a little on last lap!!

Top marks to the organisers… 😀

theboatman
    Free Member

Is that the Nick Craig that was killing xc many moons ago when i used to race? fair play to him 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

If you’d done lap 5 you’d have done better than him, however slow you rode it. I finished my 3rd lap with about 25 mins to go, so I did another lap, albeit very slowly. I was absolutely SHATTERED.

TomHill
    Free Member

Brilliant fun. Thanks to all the organisers and Team JMC. Thanks also to everyone who cheered me (in the bright orange Garage Bikes kit)

D0NK

You get placed on laps and finishing time iirc so you will have beaten your mate which is he important thing – (apart from having fun of course)

Another superb htn event well done guys, I wasn’t feeling up for it this morning but as soon as we started the adrenaline kicked in and I gave all I had – til I hit the field of despair one too many times, yuck, nearly folded then

h4muf
    Free Member

Cracking event! 2nd one for me.Thanks to all the organisers and volunteers!
    Wished i’d done it on my cross bike,bit claggy with 2.35 Hans dampfs on.
    Sorry i didn’t speak to jules,bunnyhop,donk and Ian,my mate was driving and had to get home.
    Big shout to the dude on the crosser with the full face lid on 😯

Rorschach
    Free Member

For the first time I actually thought the mtb’erists had an advantage on the course over the cx’s.By the looks ,a lot of the fast kids were on mtb’s (29ers mostly so its sort of flat bar cx’ish).
    I split the difference 😕

nbt

Trimmed out multiple bagpiper images so down to 726. Now uploading small scale images…

ninkynonk
    Free Member

Absolutely bloody brilliant !!!!!

Massive thanks to everyone who organised, marshalled, supported and cheered

Now changed and clean, would’ve loved to go for a curry but had to get home

Course was fantastic.

Big thanks for everyone that helped with the balloon release, Lewis will be very proud of George’s life being celebrated in such a way.

project
    Free Member

Looked a great race,very muddy in places, some great decents, and steep up hills.

Well done to the riders, organisers, and us the spectators.

Pictures and video up soon.Probabaly tomorrow now.

ben10
    Free Member

absolutley great day first htn iv done thanks to all the organisers and marshalls 😀

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

My second post but I’m still buzzing from today; not since the NEMBA series has racing been such fun, we should have HTN every month 😀

Bunnyhop

I hope everyone that I hassled and shouted at and heckled and told ‘you’re rubbish on a bike go faster’ took it in the good humour that it was intended, as there were a teeny weeny minority that seemed to take it too seriously.

Marshal @ point number 6

Well done to clover coming in 2nd 🙂

dawson

Great race today, weather was perfect!

I think I did 4 laps – the Field of Despair was living up to its name.

was nice to see some Peaks Pootlers

@bunnyhop – thanks for the vocal support on every lap!

mintimperial

Yep, smashing event, loved all of it (apart from the Field of Despair and one nobber on a CX bike who seemed to think it was some sort of race? Weirdo). Big thanks to the organisers and everyone else who helped out, good work!

h4muf
    Free Member

Dawson,you took a photo of me and my mate after the finish.It was only later on that i remembered i’d been on a pootle with you! (grey genesis?)

Lee.

dawson

@h4muf – yep, that was me.

banks
    Free Member

+1 nobby tosser on a cx – all black lycra & on the lanky side

Looks like the was a lot of the Marple riders group out too

nbt

Well, they’re up. All 726 of them.

Hit The North 4 by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/n_b_t/sets/72157632778792671/

As usual, if you really like the picture, I’ll be able to send out full resolution images (3000*4000, should print fine at A3 size) but will ask you to make a donation to the charity of your choice. A couple that I’ve chosen to support recently are these: you may wish to choose one of them, perhaps.

Mark Fradgley’s Bullheart JOGLE: UPDATE – Blogging-a-go-go

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/you-think-youre-this-tough-inspiring-charity-content

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/riders-down-mountain-rescue-fundraiser-please-help

I’m not going to ask for receipts or anything, just going to leave it to your conscience to donate what you feel the pics (and the participation in the event) are worth. Pleas tag yourselves in photos, and if you use them on facebook or something please add a comment to flickr just so I get an idea opf how far the pics are spreading 🙂

Well done to all who rode and those who put a lot of effort into making things happen smoothly.

sambob
    Free Member

Can’t remember the crosser, a BMC rider got in a bit of a mood when I fell off on the rutted bit though.

banks
    Free Member

It was on the river crossing bit on the 4th lap, he came up behind (fnnarr) & started bitching about not being fast enough/strong enough or whatever & to get out the way, tbh I couldn’t care less. Seeing some of the fast boys help out the clumsy is always good to see

Where were all the fat bikes?

richpips
    Free Member

Well, they’re up. All 726 of them.

Today I rode on my fixed CX bike. I got no air.

That, though is my boy.

scaled
    Free Member

You sir have children to be very proud of today!

plumber
    Free Member

Big shout to the dude on the crosser with the full face lid on

That was me 😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Great event, and good course, just a shame I didn’t have the fitness..

Was it just one idiot on a CX bike? Just out of the water crossing I heard some arse shouting to a fellow competitor “Get out of the fu#king way!”

I thought it was only nice people that entered HTN….

solarpowered
    Free Member

It was on the river crossing bit on the 4th lap, he came up behind (fnnarr) & started bitching about not being fast enough/strong enough or whatever & to get out the way, tbh I couldn’t care less. Seeing some of the fast boys help out the clumsy is always good to

I’m pretty sure I was right behind you when that happened. Really wish I had taken his number to report! Hopefully his Conscience will take over now and not let that happen again in such a fantastic race!

mocha
    Free Member

Was that the guy in the BMC kit shouting Rider! repeatedly? nice :o(

I thought it was only nice people that entered HTN….

me too.

Great event as always!

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

richpips – I was watching your son do that while talking to NBT. Good bike skills that lad!! Respect to the young chap.

sambob
    Free Member

Sounds like it was a couple of people that gained a reputation! On the whole everyone was very friendly, cheers all.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 280 total)

The topic ‘HTN 4’ is closed to new replies.