Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • HTN 1.5 Results
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

Hi all

I have a great race, but i was thinking what posion i come, i know the Resultsare there but i am not to sure who is MTB and who are CX it would be intresting to know?

Nezbo

terrahawk
    Free Member

no idea!

Harry_the_Spider

Do you want to know who was wearing which coloured jersey too?

Provisional

1st red
    2nd black
    3rd black

After the appeal

1st red
    2nd black
    3rd green and white with Evans writted on it (oops)

Nezbo
    Free Member

i was only thinking that when we signed in we put what type we was riding i.e. MTB/CX.

ton

i rode a gate..

Nezbo
    Free Member

not to bothered about the jersey colour realy. but it is a nice thought 😉

terrahawk
    Free Member

you could probably work it out from the photos (links on our site) – I think the “which will be fastest?” debate was comprehensively settled on the day though (1st placed male and female, 3rd placed male – all on CX bikes).

Harry_the_Spider

Us giving 3rd place to the wrong bloke whilst the lad who should have got it looks on in sulky disbelief.

The results are right now. Sorry.

terrahawk
    Free Member

and we were thinking that the chippy tray didn’t lie.

rammyrunner
    Free Member

The question of CX or MTB will be answered shortly as all that info is on a sheet of paper at home. Not had chance to sift through that lot yet, as had only spent afew hours at home (when not sleeping) since Friday, apart from last night when I took the family out for a meal to appease them for the fact I had been missing doing this race and Winterhill Fell race (Sunday)all weekend.

rammyrunner
    Free Member

Okay, we had 7 CX bikes, and the other 82 were on MTBs.
    Position wise, the CX bikes came:
    Male: 1st, 3rd, 8th, 15th, 36th, and 78th.
    Female: 1st female, 46th overall!
    I only took at registration what bike you were on for statistical purposes.
    Oh, and the only documented SS came 27th!

Lowelfopinion
    Free Member

Mate and I were on single speeds and we came 9th
    10th. Thanks for a cracking event.

Jim

rammyrunner
    Free Member

Still beaten by three CX bikes though 😳

Lowelfopinion
    Free Member

Unfortunately Yes, and soundly so.

Jim

DFaffMaster

Adrian would have still given me a good beating on his mountain bike (been trying to beat him for years).
    Did enjoy leading the race for about one minute, before I went the wrong way and rejoined the race in 5th position! Was mainly my fault as I did not do a complete practice lap, doh!

Anyway, I really enjoyed the race and thought the course was pretty dam impressive for semi urban riding. A BIG thankyou to ALL the organisers and marshals.

Watch out for a series of summer evening races in the summer based at Tiviot Dale in Stockport. They will be run on the same principal as the Winter Sprinter but just 1hr plus a lap rather than two. They have been on the last few summers but not that well attended. I’ll post some more details when I know the dates etc (organised by a friend).
    Her’s a race report from one of last years events
    Tiviot Dale Race Report 2008

Mark McPhillips (2nd place or first rider on a mountain bike – depending on your point of view)

Lowelfopinion
    Free Member

It was an absolutley brilliant event. thank to
    everyone who organised and mashled it.

Jim

rammyrunner
    Free Member

Did a trail race earlier this year down Reddish Vale. I can imagine it would be a good venue for CX!!

terrahawk
    Free Member

Mark – were you the rider that had an “exchange” with my brother – who was marshalling at the bottom of the last climb, near the steep drop (known as Rooley’s Chin)?

Glad everyone seemed to enjoy it. The next course will be even better.

DFaffMaster

Hangs his head in shame 🙁

Was quite angry said afew things realised straight away I was out of order and shouted out I was sorry, then raced off. Couldn’t remember at the end which marshal it actually was so approached a group of organisers/marshals at the end to apologise/grovel again.

DFaffMaster

It was the first descent after the grassy start/finish area.

I was first rider to the post half way down (as seen in the main photo on the Hit the North website). The obvious route/line/track was slightly off to the right (where I went) rather than left down the steep muddy bank to the wide track leading to the wooden sculpture. I was annoyed because it was not obvious which way to go and I had just got a reasonably healthy gap only to lose it all again. Still as I said before I was out of order.

This is where the marshal was stood
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/99007709@N00/3263410447/in/set-72157613485568129/

Is this the same incident you were on about?

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Terrahawk – Rooley’s Chin… Where did you get that name from?? 😀

terrahawk
    Free Member

Mark – don’t worry about it. He needs a shouting at every now and then and he said that you “obviously had a racer’s attitude” or something.

My fault really – I marked out that part of the course 😉

dot
    Free Member

I was the 27th placed SS – the guy who rode for Genesis Bikes was first placed SS in 7th place.

terrahawk
    Free Member

here he is
    “come back over ere and say that!”
    ;0)

Harry_the_Spider

Mark, send us (HtN) the details of the summer races at Tiviot Dale and we’ll put them on our site because we won’t be using it for owt else for a while.

info@hitthenorth.net

DFaffMaster

I’ll definitely send you the details of the Tiviot Dale races when I find out more. Thanks for that.

I’m glad I apologised he looks bigger than me!

Catch you soon
    Mark

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘HTN 1.5 Results’ is closed to new replies.