Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • HTCS 8s
  • Prophet2
    Free Member

Any views? I have an android phone, which has been rooted and OS upgraded, but it is an HTC Desire and now that my contract is up I was wondering if I should try Windows Mobile 8? Cliche question but anyone got a view on Windows Mobile 8 vs Android? And the HTC 8s, decent phone?

Ta in advance.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Don’t know about the HTC but windows phone 8 is a really nice OS to use, very slick and intuitive i find (Nokia 820).
    not as many apps as android or even Nokia who have their own app store on top of the WP8 app store.

personally i really like WP8 and wouldn’t go back to android but how much of that is the OS and how much the phone i can’t say.

andyl
    Free Member

never used one but after the way MS and google are now locked in battle over email and calenders then if you rely on gmail and google calender then stick with android. If you use outlook then windows.

Flaperon

My dad has the 8S and really rates it. Slightly smaller than the 8X and expandable memory though screen not quite such high resolution. Go for it.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Got the X8 after a similar question last week on here.

Loving it.

teethgrinder

I was offered an 8X as an insurance replacement for my dead Nokia N9 (RIP). When I looked into it, WinPho 8 seems a lot better than 7 or 7.5, and you no longer have to use Zune to transfer from a PC (which is a good thing).

Battery life is not so good, though.

I now have my first non-Nokia in 14 years – Nexus 4. It’s lovely!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

If you want WP8 try looking at the Nokia Lumia 820 – I’m finding the battery life to be quite good (for a smartphone) and the memory is expandable unlike the flagship 920 model.
    really nice phone, of course does depend on what your provider will offer you.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Can’t comment on what it’s like as a device but i was playing with one in CPW this morning and it’s a very nice object, nicely sculpted rubberised back, pretty much the perfect size for a phone I’d say, smallish bezel, just feels nice.

Pook

Google doesn’t support it. No calendar, no sync. I’ve had this one a week and I’m getting rid.

its like a fisher price phone. Back to android for me

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Its a windows phone, why would you want google to support it?
    I am assuming you knew it was a windows phone before you bought it?

Actually, the Nokia does allow gmail, msD has done it with hers.

Pook

Because they did until about 2 weeks before i got it. and all the reviews said it was great and synched with everything.

Only now it doesn’t, cos microsoft and google have fallen out. Now when my mrs does anything on her iphone/laptop with our finances/calendar or whatever, it’s a right faff to find out.

I’m going back to android.

compositepro
    Free Member

I have one only downside is average in fact woefull battery if its not in battery conservation mode, missus Nokia just feels more solid the 8s is cheaper than its peers and basically feels a bit plastic but cheap plastic if you get my drift its a bit mleh really tbh i will probably be moving this handset on and going back to blackberry as much as i like the windows Os

user-removed
    Free Member

I’m sticking with Android bacause I’ve spent a tiny amount of money on apps which I hope I can transfer to a new HTC.

Back Country Navigator and Co-Pilot are just brilliant and stupidly cheap.

Incidentally, was going to ask the same question myself tonight but got sidetracked by going round in ever decreasing circles on the Orange website…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘HTCS 8s’ is closed to new replies.