Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • HTC Wildfire – Custom Roms
  • Haze

Worth it?

Currently on 2.2.1 (Froyo?), mine’s running OK generally but occasionally it seems like it needs a kick up the arse.

Thinking of a custom rom to iron out the little annoyances and hopefully improve performance.

Any tips/experiences?

nsaints
    Free Member

Mine runs like a dog to – turned off the predictive text (as per the below link) and ran a history erasure – seems a bit faster now

http://android.appstorm.net/how-to/customization/htc-wildfire-performance-hints-tips-and-tricks/

greeble
    Free Member
    coffeeking
    Free Member

Never understood why it’s called a ROM. It’s clearly not read only, or you couldn’t flash it to your phone. It’s just code stored in a non-volatile RAM location?

Haze

Hmm, not sure I’d want to turn predictive off, some other stuff to try there though.

There’s loads of apps I could easily lose, but having no uninstall feature is leading me down the path of custom roms.

cyanogen is also worth a shot

So far I’ve narrowed it down to Cyanogenmod or Wildpuzzle…

Haze

Never understood why it’s called a ROM. It’s clearly not read only, or you couldn’t flash it to your phone. It’s just code stored in a non-volatile RAM location?

Yeah, just picking up on the term what everyone’s using. I won’t claim to fully understand the last bit!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yeah, just picking up on the term what everyone’s using. I won’t claim to fully understand the last bit!

Wasn’t abusing you 🙂 Just pondering out loud 🙂

Haze

No worries, I didn’t think you were 🙂

nobtwidler
    Free Member

but having no uninstall feature

you can uninstall apps in 2.2.1

Haze

Some yes, but not all the useless apps that came pre-loaded on it. Facebook for HTC Sense for example.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Oh fair point! I thought you meant non HTC apps

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘HTC Wildfire – Custom Roms’ is closed to new replies.