Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • HTC phone trying to download photos on to PC……how??!
  • SiB
    Free Member

Is it actually possible to download photos from HTC phone (unsure which one as have ‘adopted’ it) on to PC?? Sounds like a numpty question as normally so easy but I just can pathom it out.

Ive comnnected USB lead to PC and phone, options of recharge only, usb tethering, synch contacts, use as disk drive appear on phone……I’m assuming ‘use as disk drive’ but when I do this theres no photo option. What am I doing wrong??

On other phones when I’ve connected to PC one of the options that appears on PC is ‘download photos’. No such option on this phone.

So going back to my question, is it possible to download photos from HTC phone on to PC (I’m retty sure you should be able to but how??)

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I connected my new (secondhand) HTC hero to my PC for the first time last night. Quick google showed that HTC are notorious for being rubbish at this.

You’ll possibly need to install HTC Sync from the HTC website. then (in my case) when you connect the phone it gives the options of usb charge only, usb charge and view as external hard drive, or full sync with contacts etc.

dan1980
    Free Member

You should just need to select “use as disk drive” and (assuming you’re using windows) go to “My Computer”, find the new drive that’s appeared, and navigate through that to the place where the photos are kept (DCIM/Photos/Camera or somesuch) or just search for pictures using windows search.

robbo
    Free Member

When its ‘used as disk drive’ you can just use My Computer to browse the files on the phone and copy to wherever you want. No need for fancy ‘download photo’ wizards! Also better for syncing music and faster!

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

^^^^
    This.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

What they said.

bruneep

This how it connects to my pc

Connect phone to USB lead>use as disk drive> (Auto play starts)select Open folder to view files> select dcim folder.

Shows in My computer as Removable disk (F:)

On phone make sure Settings > Connect to PC > “Ask me” is ticked

<edit> Too slow

crankboy
    Free Member

Htc sync a free download works for me now . for some reason when i tried to move pictures without it i got the pictures plus all the icons thumnails and other immages from the phone too.

bruneep

HTC sync is shite, please do avoid.

SiB
    Free Member

Thanks, easy when you know how!!

Cougar

Plug it in? How very 20th Century.

ES File Explorer off the market, connect the phone to your WiFi network, copy across the LAN.

Can’t remember the last time I plugged a phone in for anything other than charging.

bruneep

Plug it in? How very 20th Century.

ES File Explorer off the market, connect the phone to your WiFi network, copy across the LAN

reet then smart arse, downloaded ES file now what?

Cougar

Connect phone to WLAN.

Share a directory on your PC.

In ES File Manager, change the view to LAN, and Add Server. Type in the IP address of the PC. You should see the share.

Long-press to copy / paste etc.

portlyone

I have ASTRO but could never get the add-on file share thing to connect to my network. May try ES File Manager instead.

crikey
    Free Member

Eh?

Just register a picasa account, using the same gmail account and password, then open a photo and ‘share’ it to picasa using wifi.

Google = android = all works together.

bruneep

Cougar – Member

Connect phone to WLAN.

Share a directory on your PC.

In ES File Manager, change the view to LAN, and Add Server. Type in the IP address of the PC. You should see the share.

Long-press to copy / paste etc.

*gives up trying, inserts cable to laptop*

dan1980
    Free Member

Create a directory (say “phone”)on your computer hard disk hard disk

Right click on it, go to properties, then the sharing tab. Share the directory and give it a name e.g. “phone”

Open up a command prompt (windows key + R, and type in CMD) type in ipconfig /all and identify your PCs IP address. It should start 192.XXX.XXX.XXX

Connect your phone to your house wireless, and using ES file explorer, add the server using the IP address 192.XXX.XXX.XXX and you should then see the share “phone”.

Or connect the cable :mrgreen:

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

You don’t even need a picasa account now, the phone will upload any photos you take to ‘the cloud’ automatically.

I don’t think that’s entirely safe though 😈

bruneep

*connects cable again*

<edit> thinks he’s done it 😯

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘HTC phone trying to download photos on to PC……how??!’ is closed to new replies.