Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • HTC ONE X. Who has one and what is your opinion.
  • lesoxdh
    Free Member

As above really. I am upgrading my phone today and I am turned to the HTC One X.

I have looked over the market and it seems the best one to me for the price I want to pay. So for the people who own the htc. How are you getting along with yours.

Thanks.

rwc03
    Free Member

Really like it, screens great, battery life is short but not much worse compared to other smart phones. They’ve just released the One X+ which has pi***d me off as it’s got more memory and a larger battery, exactly what I want for it.

nano
    Free Member

Best Android handset on the market..

Currently use a Galaxy Note for work and a Sony Xperia S for personal (replacing the One X).

IMHO HTC has the best android UI

– really easy to access most used features from the lock screen
    – great camera
    – plenty of storage plus you get 2 yrs 25 gb Dropbox free
    – it’s fast with quad core

I’m not a fan of the Samsung UI as it takes too long to access basic functions in comparison to the HTC but the Note is a great work phone.

The Sony is just rubbish frankly with only the camera as a saving feature.

Battery life on any smartphone is a day max these days so don’t worry about that as a consideration.

You should also be able to get some cracking deals on a One X as there is a new HTC due shortly and it was the first of the current crop of high end smartphones to be released.

kayak23

Little shout for the One-S, the smaller version. Better battery, most of the same features… 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

+1

I found the One X just too big.

nano
    Free Member

Yeh One S is a great handset too

Dual core rather than quad core but otherwise pretty much the same features

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Battery life on any smartphone is a day max these days

3 days for my razr maxx – was at 35% before the charge – polling email all the time plus some browsing, and airplane mode overnight.

stumpy01

I think I’ll be getting a One S if I ever get round to ringing T-Mobile upgrades. My Bro-in-law has the One X and while he rates it highly, I think it is just a bit too big for me.

If you look at the gsmarena reviews, the One S is actually quicker than the X in a lot of tests although this probably doesn’t equate to much in real world usage. Probably does show that you probably don’t need to worry about whether it’s quad or dual core.

Only thing against the One S is less memory & it’s not expandable. Probably didn’t want it to tread on the toes of the X too much.

gavlp
    Free Member

I have one – Its fab – you might want to see this thread:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/galaxy-siii-or-htc-one-x

kayak23

Only thing against the One S is less memory & it’s not expandable.

True, depends what you do with it. I usually transfer most photos etc to a computer eventually.
    Plus I got 25gb of Dropbox storage free with mine on Orange, not used any yet mind…

lesoxdh
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. I am hoping that with work today i will be ordering the One x

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Another vote for the One S. Fantastic phone. Day and a half out of my battery. Great camera, fantastic sound quality for my music. Yes the memory isn’t massive or upgradable but I have 100 music tracks all in large high quality MP3 and a few games and apps and there’s about 8gb left from the 12 available.

Glad I got it as the One X and Galaxy S3 were far too big!

mikertroid
    Free Member

Doesn’t the One X/S have some major problem with the home screen locking up?

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Think that’s when it has no signal and mainly on vodaphone. I’m on orange and get full signal here in Darwen

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘HTC ONE X. Who has one and what is your opinion.’ is closed to new replies.