Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • HTC Hero – MyTracks App and Memory Map
  • beamers

This is going to be a long shot, here goes.

I'm borrowing an HTC Hero and I have loaded the MyTracks App onto the phone which can be used to create a GPS Track of a route. The Track can then be loaded onto GoogleMaps and can be shared on the GoogleMaps website. The Hero will also save the track as a GPX file.

All of the above works fine. However when opening the GPX file with Memory Map (either by double clicking on the file or importing the GPX file into Memory Map) the file appears as a Track in the Track list, with the same title as saved on the Hero, but the Track does not actually contain any information at all.

Any ideas as what the problem might be? I appreciate that this is a very specific question and stand by to be amazed if anyone can answer this question.

I've posed this question on the MM Tech forum. Lets see if the STW Massive knows more about this issue than the MM Massive.

Many thanks in advance.

lowey

Yes. Its to do with the GPX file recorded by My Tracks being a track, not a route.

You need to upload the GPX to Here and it will convert it for you. MM should then be able to see it.

lowey

BTW, great app My Tracks aint it ?

beamers

Many thanks for that lowey. I'll give that try when I get home.

No response yet on the MM forum. STW forum wins.

Kato

My Tracks is ace although sometime mine doesn't work properly

I went for a quick ride yesterday afternoon for 1h 5m and according to My Tracks it was

total distance – 722.18 miles
    max speed – 9453.35 mph
    average moving speed – 891.28 mph

had better ease off on the EPO

defaultslipper
    Free Member

total distance – 722.18 miles
    max speed – 9453.35 mph
    average moving speed – 891.28 mph

sounds to me like you chucked your phone inside that there volcano on iceland and it has been shot out with that ash cloud.
    should be getting my little android device later today and have been looking into some of these gps apps. will give mytracks a go first and then have a play with some of the other ones. although i doubt i will be hitting the same speeds as Kato- my tyres aren't rated for that kind of speed!

Kato

Dibbs
    Free Member

[smug]Should have got a HD2, then you can just run Memory Map[/smug]

tron
    Free Member

Try Cardiotrainer.

beamers

Try Cardiotrainer.

Is it free?

beamers

An update on this issue if anyone is interested.

MM have came back to me via their forum and asked me to send them the gpx file produced by the Hero. They had a look at it, and also the GPSies website mentioned above, and said that both the original and converted files were in the incorrect format.

They pointed me in the direction of GPSbabel which will convert gpx files straight into .mmo Memory Map Overlay files.

GPSbabel works a treat. There is also a version for Mac users, like me, which also works perfectly.

Job done.

oldgit
    Free Member

Dibbs
    What version do I need to download, I've got a HD2 but struggling to get anything onto it?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I'm using the latest version 5.4.2, its not as good as the older versions in the respect that it puts a limit on the number of devices that you can load it to.

tron
    Free Member

Cardiotrainer is free, yes.

Del

[smug]Should have got a HD2, then you can just run Memory Map[/smug]

dunt that mean you're running windows on your phone though….? 👿

oldgit, assuming you already possess memory map you just hook your device up to your pc and install pocket navigator onto it from the menu in mm. it's pretty easy in that respect.

lowey

Cheers Beamers.. I'll give that a go.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘HTC Hero – MyTracks App and Memory Map’ is closed to new replies.