Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • HTC Hero but on Orange network
  • ell_tell
    Free Member

Thinking of getting one of these as my contract is due for renewal but wondered if there were any problems with getting one on the Orange network?

I only ask as I'm sure I read some reviews on a Samsung phone locked to the Orange network and a number of people reported problems due to software that Orange had played around with.

MrNutt
    Free Member

you might be able to get it unbranded from phones4u?

crikey
    Free Member

Got one, on Orange, no problems.

ell_tell
    Free Member

I think the Carphone Warehouse would offer an unbranded one but the contract is more expensive. Usually when you are in a contract you can mention you're thinking of leaving and they sometimes offer you a better deal.

Dont mind getting one locked to Orange so long as they haven't put all their usual Orange paraphanalia (e.g. homescreen, different menu's etc) on it.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Mines on Orange… works perfect.

rOcKeTdOg

if it's on android you can make your own homescreen anyway

axnxdxy
    Free Member

Not a lot of orange branding on them, a few bookmarks and a welcome screen, if it bothers you there are instructions on how to install unbranded software on the web.

Got one a couple of weeks ago – seems like a great phone!!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

It's worth looking at expansys.com, I got mine from them on a cheaper & shorter contract than I could get going to T-Mobile for one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘HTC Hero but on Orange network’ is closed to new replies.