Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • HTC Help!
  • mactheknife

When making calls the screen cuts out after 10 seconds which is a right pain in the arse when calling and having to enter touch tone numbers etc.

I cant find any setting to extend the cut out time or any info online.

HTC Hero BTW. Can anyone help 😯

maxray
    Free Member

Hmm on my Desire once you move it away from your head/ear it comes on again and you can select the keyboard for entering numbers etc.

Not much help really. 🙂

dickydutch

My desire does the same, but as soon as I take the phone away from my ear, the screen 'comes back to life'. Apologies if this is no good to you.

mactheknife

😛 – cheers its just a niggle but pissing me right off – 😛

crikey
    Free Member

Just press the far left button and the screen will reappear…

Flaperon

Pushing volume up or volume down will also cause the screen to come back on. Have a dig around on the internet, you can find a fix for it. Newer HTCs have a proximity sensor to do this automatically but you can jury-rig a solution using the Hero's light sensor.

mactheknife

nice one, thanks guys 😛

benji_allen
    Free Member

Sorry to jump on this thread with nothing useful to say, but…I've just got a HTC touchscreen thing from work to replace an old school Nokia phone. I'm tempted to throw it against a wall. I'm not a technophobe as such, but is this thing just sh*t, with a mind of its own?

orena45

crikey – Member
    Just press the far left button and the screen will reappear…

or press the 'menu' button

jabbathehut
    Free Member

Benji, I love the Hero. Absolutely awesome bit of kit. Just having a gander on the market to find a better music player at the moment.

Gowrie
    Free Member

Which HTC? Some have {shudder} windows mobile {/shudder} as their operating system

Colin

glenh
    Free Member

I've just got a HTC touchscreen thing from work to replace an old school Nokia phone. I'm tempted to throw it against a wall. I'm not a technophobe as such, but is this thing just sh*t, with a mind of its own?

If it's windows mobile, then throw hard.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

if its the HD2 then you bearly notice the WM underpinnings as its pretty much been redone by HTC.

Touch2 and touch pro arent quite as reworked, but stil very good.

I love my HD2 – just a shame the screen was a bit fragile when it got whacked (hard). still being fixed on insurance.

tho i remember my old Motorola MPx220 still functioning after falling 80ft from Bling at Blackpool pleasure beach. oops.

Cougar

There's a known issue on the Samsung I have, where fluff blocks the proximity sensor and it can't detect when you move it away from your face. Assuming the Hero is the same, a blast with a can of compressed air across the sensor should fix it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘HTC Help!’ is closed to new replies.