Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • HTC Desire HD won't send email
  • dreednya

Got a HTC desire HD and its great. Email works fine receiving email and appears to send replies, but when I check they haven’t been sent at all. Email is with BT so can anyone deduce a solution?

boblo
    Free Member

Assuming you’ve checked all your settings are correct….

I’m with Talk Talk for email and had the same problem. They (TT) don’t allow access to their SMTP server when not on their network (I.e. when sending email from my phone via O2 in my case).

In Android, I needed to change the Outgoing mail server settings to my O2 account settings so I send outgoing email via O2 servers and receive via TT’s servers. something like:

SMTP Server: smtp.o2.co.uk
    User name: yourname@o2.co.uk
    Password: yourpassword

If you’re not with O2, you’ll need the smtp server settings for the provider you’re with.

The pop3 settings can be left with your BT credentials.

Bez

Yup, your network provider will specify SMTP settings, just googlize them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    glenh
    Free Member

Most likely you are suffering a common android gmail bug ( assuming you are using the gmail app)

Go into settings-> apps -> gmail, delete cache and data, then reopen the app and wait for it to re sync.

Unfortunately this will mean your emails that are waiting to be sent are lost, but any new ones should send fine.

boblo
    Free Member

@glenh

dreednya – Member
    <snip>Email is with BT<snip>

takisawa2

Only time mine has played up was when for some reason, it wouldnt connect to Yahoo. Re-entering the user name & password resolved it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘HTC Desire HD won't send email’ is closed to new replies.