Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • HTC Desire has stopped receiving hotmail
  • Pook

I haven’t changed any settings and I have loads of space on the phone, it’s just stopped working.

Seems that some security certificate has changed and no matter what i do to fix it, it just won’t work.

I’ve deleted the cache, reinstalled the account…nothing.

edit: would it just be coincidence that I’m able to upgrade from tomorrow??

Cougar

Is your time / date / time zone correct? </shotinthedark>

cloudnine
    Free Member

My hotmail isn’t working properly on my desire either.. I got one mail update yesterday and doesn’t seem to be getting emails again today

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

Do you have auto updates? If so, check the reviews on the hotmail app in the Play store. Sometimes they release an update that completely messes things up.
    My Tracks did it a while ago & there were loads of reviews saying ‘what have you done?, Won’t work after update’….

stugus
    Free Member

this has happened to me too, nothing received since lunchtime yesterday.

Pook

cougar, yes.

Stumpy, it’s the in built HTC mail app, not the hotmail app, and it isn’t on play store

Cougar

I appreciate this might be a leftfield suggestion, but try using the Hotmail app?

Pook

that works – but why should I compromise when I haven’t done anything and it’s just broken?

oli82
    Free Member

Always been space related when this has happened to me in the Gmail app at least. But you say you have plenty of space (which in itself is good work on a desire :))

joeyj
    Free Member

Had this with my exchange email on work phone (Galaxy SII) deleted the account and then added the account again seems to be working fine now. If all else fails reset th phone and start all over otherwise new phone

Cougar

why should I compromise when I haven’t done anything and it’s just broken?

You answered your own question there; because it’s broken.

Not really seeing how it’s a compromise TBH; the hotmail app is a superior hotmail client to the in-built Mail app anyway.

legend
    Free Member

Mine’s stopped working too, obviously not a settings issue when it’s affecting all of us.

mesh

Have just sorted this issue on my Wildfire – I deleted the account then set it up again based on the steps here.

Phil

markgraylish
    Free Member

The account settings for the built-in HTC e-mail client use pop3.live.com as the pop server.

I can’t ping that server so it’s either temporarily down or maybe Microsoft have renamed/withdrawn this server…

Cougar

Might be related to their outlook.com migration? Check pop3 settings on the website maybe?

Pook

so the latest….
    I woke this morning to find the Android mail had downloaded about 2 days’ worth of email. I’d not changed any settings on it since giving up and trying a different app.

‘Great!’ thinks I, ‘they’ve fixed it!’

No such luck. I’m getting network error and stuff again now.

Is it all Microsoft jiggery pokery going on?
    Any one else have the same?

franksinatra

Same issue om my wifes desire, can’t get the HTC mail client or hotmail app to work, same server error message.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘HTC Desire has stopped receiving hotmail’ is closed to new replies.