Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • HTC Desire – Contacts from sony ericcson
  • mrh86

Just got myself a HTC desire from carphone warehouse. It's looking quite nice so far. Does anyone know of a quick easy way to transfer all my contacts from a sony ericcson phone (W880)? Is there an android app that will import the contact back up file that you can create, or anything along those lines?

Cheers

funkynick

The easiest way is to try and download your old phones contact into Windows Outlook, then the HTC will sync quite happily with that using the HTCSync software (you'll find this on the SD card which you can connect to by plugging into the PC via a USB, and selecting the Storage Device option). That's what I did for moving them across from my Nokia.

Once you get them all in there, it's pretty easy to sort them out, as well as linking them to email addresses, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr etc etc..

mrh86

Sorted. I set up my gmail account on my phone. then imported the back up file from my old sony ericcson into google mail. Then the HTC automatically synced them all! Also integrated everyones facebook profiles. Very clever, yet slightly scary at the same time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘HTC Desire – Contacts from sony ericcson’ is closed to new replies.