Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • HTC Desire – Help
  • KonaTC

Got a HTC Desire on the weekend, started using it Monday afternoon and I love it, although last night the phone would go into a ‘deep sleep’ if not used for about 30-45 mins, the only way to wake it up was to remove the battery as pressing the on-off switch had no effect.

This morning it did the same and on switching on after removing the battery it continued to vibrate and the phone didn’t start up, removed battery and it stopped.

Anyone had similar issues?

Makore
    Free Member

Doesn't sound right. I had a charging problem with the one I bought for my son – I e-mailed HTC but decided to send it back for replacement (still waiting) before they replied. They suggested trying a hard reset – as it's quite new hopefully you won't have much data etc to lose/back up. From their e-mail:
    We are sorry to hear that you have any problems with your device. We recommend that you perform a hard reset to solve the problem. Resetting your phone will remove all data from its memory and restore the phone to factory default. It is recommended that you back up your data before resetting your phone.

1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
    2. Wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
    3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER.
    4. When asked to confirm, press VOLUME UP

mr_krabs
    Free Member

Have heard of some issues with SIM cards causing similar problems on other HTC handsets. Do a hard reset, and if it still persists try a different SIM if possible.
    Or you could just return it.

freddyg
    Free Member

Take it back and request a replacement. If you got it from VF online, then take it to one of their high street outlets. They should do a straight swap for you.

KonaTC

Tried a hard reset last night, thankfully no data to lose, hasn’t made any noticeable difference.

Thanks for the steer about sim cards will pop into my local Vodafone shop to-night and ask about another sim card.

martinm116
    Free Member

Wife got one these at the weekend, hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Had mine four days and it's been brilliant. Yes the battery life is average but then I'm hammering it.

Utterly brilliant phone and loving the GPS for runs and rides!

KonaTC

Been to the vodafone shop in Bristol and the phone went into sleep mode in the chaps hand. Result!

Long storey short – faulty phone so need to arrange for a replacement through customer services

Real pity as the phone is brilliant and this hasn’t put me off so I will be getting another one.

stumpy01

That is a bit lame.
    I've had mine a month or more now & it's great. Sounds like you just got a bad one.

Hope you have better luck with Voda customer services that I ever had. Bunch of useless ****.

KonaTC

Just spoken to customer services and a new phone is on its way

For once can’t fault vodafone

mr_krabs
    Free Member

Good news. They're great phones. Had mine 3 weeks and it hasn't missed a beat.

posted from my HTC while having a poo at work.
    Can you smell that?

fadda

Lol @ mrkrabs. Also posting from mine, whilst getting ready for a gps-tracked run!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I'm finding a large chunk of my life is disappearing to my HTC Desire…

I keep getting told off by the wife!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

got one reserved ready for my upgrade off virgin… just have to wait 2 months for it to be delivered now. booo.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘HTC Desire – Help’ is closed to new replies.