Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • htc cracked screen – covered by warranty?
  • sadexpunk

wifes dropped her htc one s and cracked the screen. its 6 months old, ordered through 3 website, and no insurance taken out.

we’ve has quotes from ickle telecomms shops for £150ish, and CPW have quoted £170 so its gonna be in that region.

before we go ahead, i just wondered whether the usual ‘1 years warranty’ covers things like this, or whether thats just for manufacturing mistakes/faulty software etc.
    the fact that insurance was offered and not taken suggests this isnt the case, but it wouldnt be the first time companies tried to sell un-needed insurance 😀

could also look at my home insurance too, think its M+S, but first port of call is always the hive of knowledge on stw 😀

cheers

posiwev
    Free Member

From my experience the two year warranty on Mobiles covers nothing what so ever, the manufacturers claim everything is wear and turn.
    In your case a broken screen is accidental damage and wouldn’t be covered by any warranty, best get a replacement screen I thought they are around £50 but could be wrong.

sadexpunk

ta. apparently with a one s you need a ‘digitiser’ too as thats glued to the screen or something *shrugs shoulders*

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Ebay: £139 fitted, or £125 parts only.

sadexpunk

got a link to that mr wrestler? 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Warrenty is for defects and faults. Not carelessness

PePPeR

To be fair, if you’d paid for phone insurance you’d have probably paid more than the £135. That’s been quoted above.

Sounds like a good deal to me

gears_suck
    Free Member

sadexpunk – Member
    wifes dropped her htc one s and cracked the screen. its 6 months old, ordered through 3 website, and no insurance taken out.

Honestly! Would you take your car to the dealer after you’ d crashed it and ask if they’d fix it under warranty.?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Here and here.

joemarshall
    Free Member

You are unlucky, because on that particular phone the digitizer and the led are bonded very tightly together, so yu need a whole new screen. On most phones it is a ten pound fix if you haven’t broken the led disply itself.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Try your household insurance, many cover damages away from home too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘htc cracked screen – covered by warranty?’ is closed to new replies.