Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • HT2 BB shims/spacers narrower than the standard 2.5mm ones?
  • nemesis
    Free Member

Anyone seen shims for HT2 type axles? I have a Raceface chainset on which the spline tapers wore out – they’re fine if you narrow the BB and tighten them up so that they bottom out but that means there’s some side to side play. I just need some 0.5mm or similar shims to replace one of the 2.5mm spacers so that I can get it just right. Or shims to use on the axle (so 24mm ID) which I guess would achieve the same.

jameso

Cassette spacers work on HT2 BBs.

nemesis
    Free Member

Still a bit wide though – I need to be able to fine tune the number of washers between 0 and 2.5mm – I’m reckoning 0.5mm shims would be about right.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    munrobiker
    Free Member

If you can get hold of some shims that come with BB mounted chain devices like the e13 xcx they tend to be thinner.

nemesis
    Free Member

Ah, that’s a good idea.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Hope do a 1mm one.

I also got a metal spacer that is about 0.5mm thick with a PF30 BB kit. Don’t know if they are available separately though.

nemesis
    Free Member

I guess I could be lucky with a 1mm spacer. Or maybe I could sand one down to 0.5mm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘HT2 BB shims/spacers narrower than the standard 2.5mm ones?’ is closed to new replies.