Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • HT recommendations for fat brother :)
  • Alex

Bro has a lovely Spesh FSR carbon from a couple of years ago. He’s now living in Sevenoaks and has decided he wants a HT to ride through the winter. Mainly as I’ve entered him for the Dartmoor Classic Sportif and he’s pooing himself about his lack of riding 🙂

My recommendation was a Genesis Core something. I’m sure there’s other stuff out there for a similar price (£1000ish) I hadn’t considered. He doesn’t want a frame only, needs a full build.

He’s not going to be hucking it off 5 foot drops. Just wants a decent frame with decent kit that’ll be fun to ride on singletrack and not too heavy (as he has that angle covered!)

What else should I be telling him about? Ta.

ton

another fat bloke has a nice frame for sale on clasifieds……. 😉

and ignore me cos i am a fool………..and just read the thread.
    sorry.

Jamie
    Free Member

If it is just for XC/Singletrack, how about a Rock Lobster from Merlin? Steel or ally with full slx and rebas for £1050.

Alex

He’s only 5ft10 Tony, don’t think he’d be able to get on anything you have second hand without a ladder 🙂 I did say to him 2nd hand would be way better but he’s determined to buy new.

I’ll have a look at Merlin, been a while since I checked out their range. Ta

Olly
    Free Member

456 summer season with a 100mm jump bike fork for toughness

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘HT recommendations for fat brother :)’ is closed to new replies.