Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • HT Frame options under £200
  • ruminant
    Free Member

Really tempted to get an on-one 456 for the winter (transfer the bits over from my FS), at £164 seems an absolute bargain!

Looked at the ragleys, but there creeping up to nearly £300, bit too much money, anybody know of any other sub £200 frames out there

it needs to be for 140mm fork, ideally 27.2 seatpost

cheers

side note: really like the pink frame for some reason

RealMan
    Free Member

If you like it, and it does have a great reputation, and it is cheap, why not just go for it? There's not going to be a massively better frame for under £200 out there.

donks
    Free Member

I have an 18" two year old frame you can have for half that if you like….it's red though..(shameless plug)??

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I was going to say, the only thing beter value than a 456 is a secondhand 456!

ruminant
    Free Member

Donks, looked at your frame in the classified's, tempted but gotta wait till after holidays.

just out of interest what height are you, I'm 6'2" so I'm thinking a 18" might be too small

5lab

ns surge? I got one for £160 from winstanleys, 27.2 seatpost and nice and steel. Bit more playish than a 456, whether that's good or bad is up to you

wwaswas

I have exactly that frame, bought from the classifieds. running a 130mm fork and it's great, although I do reduce travel for the climbs as it can get a bit wandery at the front on really steep stuff.

donks
    Free Member

If your're 6.2 then you might want the 20" although they are quite stretched out.
    You just cant beat the 456 for a cheap but quality frame I had mine for 2 years and only shelved it because I got seduced by a SS specific Kinesis (also V-nice).

ruminant
    Free Member

Yeah that's what I thought, 20" the way to go, after something for all day riding so don't want to be too cramped.

Think the NS would be to jump for me, def wheels on ground guy

RealMan
    Free Member

The NS surge is a lovely frame. A guide I met in the Alps used it, and it really is beautiful. Bit on the heavy side though, don't know how it would compare in weight to the 456.

5lab

what about the other ns frame (can't remember the range but they have a more 'xc' one than the surge)

my surge arrived a week ago, and it's lovely 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

5lab, flick the downtube. Its musical.

The NS society perhaps?

ruminant
    Free Member

5lab, the society I think its called, had a look again the large builds upto a 18" frame according to the website, bit small to my mind

spev

what about a Ragley Blue Pig for £199?
    http://www.welovemountains.com/productview.php?pickcat=10004968&=pagetitle=Ragley%20Ragley%20Blue%20Pig%20Skwosh&ref=gs

I dont know what the shop is like but that's a bargain price

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Theres a good few frames under £200 on CRC. Some are names, some aren't.

ahwiles
    Free Member

just to help confuse you a little;

i'm 6'2" – and ride an 18" inbred, they're very long bikes, the 20" is enormous!

Jamie
    Free Member

@spev

Check out there shipping costs.

spev

hellfire on a stick!

hadnt looked that far 🙁

brant
    Free Member

I think they're encouraging you to collect 🙂

ruminant
    Free Member

Morning Brant

You designed the bike, what you reckon 18" or 20"

Like the look of your Blue Pig, it would mean saving a lot more/take longer for shiny new bike frame 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

I think they're encouraging you to collect

It would be cheaper to arrange your own courier…..

ruminant
    Free Member

Cheers for the link 404, not sure its helped though 😯

I'm after a all dayer type ride rather than a singletrack whippet, still thinking 20" is the way to go.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘HT Frame options under £200’ is closed to new replies.