• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • HT bike recommendation/BB drop advice
  • VanHalen

Right i`d like a new HT.

I really like my existing Cannondale trail SL only id quite like it a wee bit slacker and a wee bit longer if im being really fussy. its also a bit knackered – i think its cracked at the seat/top tube but i`m not sure it might be the paint.

Its a 17″ frame – i dont really want much larger seat tube.
    its 580 eff tt and going on current trends i should be able to get about 600ett on a medium.
    its got a 70 degree HA (although i measure about 68 with a 130 fork with my phone which is probably miles out!)

the important bit: its got a measured bb height of about 12.25 inch. i really dont want to go higher. (i had a dialled that alledgedly had a 12.5″ bb height but when measured it when built up it was actually 13.75 – i dunno what they measured).
    In terms of BB drop quoted on frames assuming about 40odd mm would get me the right- ish height??

Im probably going to run a 130-140mm fork and 26er wheels (luddite content) but im guessing most 27.5 frames with decent BB drop would actually end up near the bb height i currently have?

I`m looking at teh NS eccentric alu (the bright colour appeals to my inner magpie) or teh dartmoor primal or Vitus sentier…?

Any ideas/advice?

cheers,

Mark

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘HT bike recommendation/BB drop advice’ is closed to new replies.