Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • HR2 differences?
  • deviant
    Free Member

Obviously they come in different compounds, widths etc but I’ve got a 2.4 maxterra 3c on the front of my trail bike and it’s great….my DH bike arrived also wearing HR2s front and rear but the front one says Super Tacky (fine, I’d have done that anyway) and also DH casing which I assume to be dual ply?….it’s also 2.4 width…..now it gets weird, I put both bikes in the shed next to each other today and immediately noticed the difference in front tyres, not just the writing on the sidewalls I’ve just mentioned but the DH HR2 seems noticeably wider and taller, even the tread pattern seems ‘slightly’ different with more pronounced side lugs and wider spacing between the center blocks.
    How many bloody variations of this tyre are there and is the 2.5 Shorty I’ve been eyeing up also going to be vastly different to the 2.3 version I already have on one bike?!

chiefgrooveguru

I thought all the 2.4 HR2 came out of the same mounds until recently (now they’ve added a TR version), so the dual ply and exo ones looked identical. Confusing!

I can tell you that the 2.5 Shorty has much bigger knobs with wider spacing and a bigger stiffer carcass than the 2.3 – it’s much less mud specific.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘HR2 differences?’ is closed to new replies.