• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • HR Query – Time scales for lodging a grievance with employer?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

This is not about myself but is about a work colleague.

Our organisation is currently going for a reorganisation and basically being split up in to various different organisations. One will have a favourable location and working T&C’s, the other less so in both respects.

In the structure for the new favourable organisation there is a post which my colleague basically fills 90% of the criteria for. They were told though that another colleague could apply for the job, even though he only does 10% of the job description. Company policy states that in a restructure situation, a person can only apply for a position if they currently carry out 50% of the role.

Anyhow long and short, the person who only does 10% of role has got it. Colleague who hasnt got it has spoken to the union and they have said they can get compensation ie tribunal because the employer didn’t follow procedure.

My query, is there a time scale for which the aggreived colleague has to lodge the complaint? There is no way now they will reverse the decision, but I have suggested they may be better waiting to get a post in the less favourable organisation (at least its a job) or waiting to be made redundant before kicking off.

Can they wait until they know whats happening, or do they have to raise the issue now?

Ta

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘HR Query – Time scales for lodging a grievance with employer?’ is closed to new replies.