Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • HPI Checks
  • Elmo
    Free Member

Where is the cheapest place to get one and are they worth it?

It’s been a while since i’ve had to get one, and i thought i remember them being about a fiver.
    They look to be about £15 now!
    With so many cars being advertised as damaged and none recorded are they reliable anymore as a guarentee?
    And hasn’t the finance situation changed?
    I’m buying(thinking)from a garage, so hopefully a lot of this should be uneccesary anyway………….but peace of mind and all that!

Many thanks for yout thoughts!

steveh

I use my text check for £3 on my phone, they all use the same databases for information. Cover in case their information turns out to be wrong is limited to £5k but if you’re spending no more than this it’s a great deal. Just text the reg number to 83600

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

elmo – if your buying from a reputable garage (or even a half decent back street garage) i can guarentee they WILL have 12000% percent done a hpi already, just simply ask them for a copy of it, and it should have the date on it when they did the check….

seriously dont pay for it yourself, if it was from a private sale then fair do’s but any half decent garage will have done these checks already!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘HPI Checks’ is closed to new replies.