Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • hozelock power washer 1200w can my van battery power it?
  • Mugboo

No doubt a stupid question!

I have a leisure battery but just a simple inverter for charging things. Is there an inverter that will power this thing? Is it as simple as buying a 1200w inverter?

Thought it might make a cheap dirtworker.. Plus the inverter could power other stuff.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Another thing to check is the water supply. A lot of power washers need a mains pressure supply and won’t ‘draw’ water from a container, even if it has a slight head from the back of your van.

Milkie
    Free Member

Inverters aren’t very efficient, and I expect there to be a big power surge, which the battery won’t like.

Small generator would be a better option.

Mugboo

Scrap that crappy idea then!

Thanks anyways 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

depends on the surge start tbh but 1200 watts will beat least a 100 amp drain on a 100 amp [ish] car battery that is is not built for deep charge cycle discharge,

I am sure you can do t you want to spend a few hundred quid on one.
    1200 w will be maximum load for a surge in reality you will need a 2 kw one or higher to run constantly @ 1200 watt IMHO- as it is a mechanical load [pump] yo may get away with a smaller one.
    You will need some serious wiring for the inverter cabling as well given ampage
    I suspect you will need to run your engine as well during use.
    For the hassle and coast and expense i would get a bucket tbh.

100mphplus
    Free Member

I bought one of these, draws water from a container in the back of the van and starts a queue of people on the blag everytime I get it out to wash mine and the rest of the teams bikes.
    http://www.jet-wash-direct.co.uk/pressurewashers/independent1900.html

smiffy

depends on the surge start tbh but 1200 watts will beat least a 100 amp drain on a 100 amp [ish] car battery that is is not built for deep charge cycle discharge

that’s precisely what car batteries are built to do.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘hozelock power washer 1200w can my van battery power it?’ is closed to new replies.