Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • hozelock female socket onto 20mm blue "mains" pipe?
  • scaredypants

possible ?
    anyone know what connector I need (they seem to make ’em for up to 19mm flexible hoses – has anyone ever got one of those to fit ?)

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Im sure wilkinsons do a multipack of connectors in various sizes – cheap as chips, I seemnto be able to get most hoses to fit

Unless yours is really not normal – I am no hose expert!

scaredypants

it’s not a garden hose FW, it’s a short length of rigid “PVC” pipe that runs into the garden from an outside tap whose connectors have all broken off

yetidave
    Free Member

google “hydrasun”, if there is one nearby visit it and tell them what you need, in my experience they can attach almost any pipe to any other pipe…

trail_rat
    Free Member

easy solution is fit a tap to the blue pipe – a compression fit tap mount is common for the blue rigid pipe

then fit your hozelock connector to the tap

scaredypants

t_r, the blue pipe is the outward bit running from the tap – weird I know but it is sunk under a path so I guess a bit of robustness is good

(no hydrasun within about 300 miles 😐 )

carlos
    Free Member

You could try Travis Perkins as they do (or used to) Alkathene fittings or Tool-station do a MDPE with loads of fittings so you should be able to find one to suit your needs

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Could this be what you’re after?

http://www.lbsgardenwarehouse.co.uk/src/BGWebsite/Bibtap-Wall-Flange-for-MDPE-Pipe-PRDR-PP41320/

Give LBS a call and explain what you need
    Customer Services Line: 01282 873370

scaredypants

Thanks all – I’ve ordered a 19mm attachment to see if I can force it on. If not, there seem to be reducer ferruley things that may work

lovewookie

What he said^^

Though I’d go with a compression fitting from http://www.t-mex.co.uk this one

compression to male threaded section, then buy a standard tap hose adapter from B&Q, which are either 1/2″ or 3/4″ BSP threaded.

I could spend so much money at T-Mex, fortunately I get to play about with their stuff at work 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘hozelock female socket onto 20mm blue "mains" pipe?’ is closed to new replies.