Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hoy to retire
  • althepal

Immediately according to Scotland Today.. Due to be announced shortly apparently.
    Fair play to him he’s had an amazing career and a fantastic ambassador for cycling in general..
    But would have been to see him ride in Glasgow next year.
    Oh well.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Is a shame he wont be there to bow out at the commonwealth games but i always thought it might be just one step too many considering his age and what he puts his body through during his training.

Wonder if i can get his gold locker at the velodrome 😀

DickBarton

Nice to see someone else get a chance at it now…he has been very good over the years…

cupra
    Free Member
    clubber
    Free Member

A fantastic sportsman but more importantly a great person too (at least according to one of my mates who knows him very well).

thepurist

World champion, record olympian, legend, ambassador, icon, role model.

I hope he’ll still do one lap in 2014, what a farewell that’d be.

cupra
    Free Member

I think he is opening the cycling part of the commonwealth games at the velodrome.

vinnyeh

Great athlete, hopefully will still see him in the sport in some role for a long time to come.

On a side note, seems like there was more buildup to this announcement than there was to the last Olympics. 🙂

agent007
    Free Member

Watching the end of a BC training session once at the Velodrome and after the session and on on his way out under the track Chris made a point to come over and say hello to me, not knowing who I was, and we had a brief conversation.

Seemed like a thoroughly nice chap, and I have heard the same from others who have met or worked with him too. Not at all big headed, just a nice friendly bloke and someone you’d be more than happy to have a pint with.

Cheers Chris, I have enjoyed watching you on the track all of these years.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hoy to retire’ is closed to new replies.