Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hoy Bonaly 24" Susp Forks
  • paladin

Youngest lad has a Hoy Bonaly 24″ with rigid forks. Am sure i remember someone on here mentioning fitting RST forks to a bonaly but cannot find the post. Interested to see if it was a success, or if the extra length of fork was aproblem for the bikes handling.

ade9933
    Free Member

Hiya – yes we did that. No problems: up / down whatever. Kiddo loves the bike and it’s nearing its hand me down date. Decent forks for the money too.

Enjoy.

A

paladin

magic thanks! any chance you have a pic with the RST’s on it?
    cheers

ade9933
    Free Member

Hi – I do but I’m not signed up to an appropriate photo sharing site to include it in a thread. Sorry.

If it helps, they climb just fine on them and rip on the downs and have ridden it at South Downs / BPW / Les Gets / Surrey Hills etc.

We only really put them on because they were getting arm pump on the long descents. They love them now though.

There is a weight difference of course. I think the rigid forks were about 400g and the sus forks maybe 1600g (it’s been a while so couldn’t swear to the figures).

paladin

thanks! will re-evaluate in spring i think, dont want to pay out on 24″ forks if he’s close on moving onto 26″ bikes

maccruiskeen

Hi – I do but I’m not signed up to an appropriate photo sharing site to include it in a thread. Sorry.

you don’t have to be – Tinypic.com is free and needs no signup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hoy Bonaly 24" Susp Forks’ is closed to new replies.