Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • How's your day going?
  • rascal
    Free Member

Yesterday/today been great so far:

Mirror fell out of car door mirror onto road and chipped – weird as been absolutely fine for 4 years – made 70 mile drive interesting! Can I just glue it back on? (Mk7 Golf).

My Reverb is pooped (well I don’t want to spend more money on it anyway).

Cat has poorly-looking eye – just got back from vets. £50 for 5 mins time and the tiniest tube of gunk ever. (He will be fine and don’t mind paying for that – just the piss-take cost).

Wife was going to take him to vets but bloody her car battery flat so another thing to sort today.

All trivial but combined makes for a crappy 24 hours.

Hope yours is better 😛

aP
    Free Member

Submitted a project bid in time via a portal that appears to have accepted it.
    Am feeling a bit empty now, although not as empty as Tuesday when I lost about half a stone in weight…

ton

just been bought easter buns by a customer.

god is good……… 8)

jonnyboi

my office has no windows

one of my chickens died this morning

my lunchtime sandwich is making me feel bloated and sleepy, I think I need to lay off the white bread.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

The rest of my team are all in meetings so I’m here on my own getting paid to surf STW and make plans for the pending bank holiday weekend.
    today is chock full of win!

cultsdave
    Free Member

Struggling through the day waiting for my new bike to arrive. Parcel status says “out for delivery”

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Finishing up a few things at work for a big project milestone today.
    I only work Tues-Thu anyway. Been very busy recently with work/life/cycling/volunteering so took the car to work yesterday instead of my 30 mile bike commute.
    Came home to pick up my new bike frame from the drop off point across the street, make a lovely dinner of marinaded lamb skewers with tomatoes, chillis, green olives and garlic cloves and made my own hummus and coriander seed pitta bread and did all my laundry while they were cooking.
    Then I munched it while watching the last episode of a tv series and had a glass of my homebrew 10%abv chocolate beers out of a keg. I then lay on the couch and hugged my cat for an hour or two before getting a nice night’s sleep in fresh bed linens.
    Cycled in this morning, slightly faster than usual as there was someone on my wheel for about 8 miles. Now just putting the final touches to my project documents after a nice lunch and a walk.
    I will keg some home made cider when I get home tonight after a dinner of last night’s leftovers then off to meet my girlfriend to watch a Belgian horror movie about student lassies eating each other.

I am feeling relaxed/content which is nicer than stressed/harassed

stumpy01

Just back from 45mins of yoga in the next office building….

Currently scoffing a tuna sweetcorn granary baguette…..

Got a company arranged Easter quiz at 1:30 and it looks like everyone gets a big easter egg….!

Woooo! Pretty good day so far…..

stumpy01

yourguitarhero – Member

…. to watch a Belgian horror movie about student lassies eating each other.

You sure it’s a horror movie?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Slowly……Not got up yet. 😕

duffle
    Free Member

yourguitarhero – Member

Finishing up a..yadda yadda smuggyness

I want his life…… 🙂

sandwicheater

Full of chocolate and shame.
    Been given Easter eggs by a client to pass onto my children. I failed the honesty test, consumed the lot and no feel a bit sick.

rascal
    Free Member

yourguitarhero – sounds like yours has been great and will only get better when you watch your lettuce-licking film later 😛

molgrips
    Free Member

Mirror fell out of car door mirror onto road and chipped – weird as been absolutely fine for 4 years – made 70 mile drive interesting! Can I just glue it back on? (Mk7 Golf).

Depends on what’s come off. The glass is glued onto a plastic backing thing with clips that hold it into the housing – the heating element if present is sandwiched between the plastic clippy bit and the glass. Often (judging by what I see on the roadside when cycling) the clips just let go, but on mine the glue came undone so the mirror separated from the plastic clippy bit.

On one side I used high temperature glue, on the other I used silicone sealant. Both have been fine for years.

Re my day – I am now very excited since I have decided to buy Juanghia’s frame 🙂

Kryton57

I had a shit day yesterday. My new phone was potentiually not arriving for another week, my new laptop was revoked and now I’m not sure, all my customers appear to have gone on holiday, my momentum and enthusiasm is waning…

Today is betterer, but still no customers!

MoreCashThanDash

Term time contract means I’m off this week and next. MrsMC is off today, so I’ve got out for a 43 mile ride including a recce for a social ride I’m planning. Met a lovely lady out for a first ride on the Canyon Ultimate she had got in preparation for L’Etape. Had a lovely café stop and got home in time for lunch.

Spending the afternoon getting organised for a weekend at the outlaws which includes taking my bike….

willard

Got woken up early by one of my dogs for no good reason, but that did mean that I could have an extra long lie-in with them and a coffee before I got up for work, so not all bad.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Despite issues with billing I’ve managed to sort them out, submit our DD run and generate our dealer commission statements.
    I’ve got 2 hours of work left and Im about to wander home for lunch before finishing for an extended easter break, not returning until the 24th.
    That’ll do me.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Today has been much like the rest of the week – slow!

One of our products has stopped working in the Netherlands – it was supposed to be getting picked up from them last Thursday so I had it in my hands early this week to investigate.
    When it still hadn’t arrived yesterday, started getting a bit frustrating, but boss was out of the office. Finally got hold of him today and discovered the person in charge of organising the collection didn’t, and its not happening until today.
    End result – most of week spent on STW with the odd interruption for 30min trivial tasks.

steveoath
    Free Member

I passed the second module in my part time masters course.

Donated a bunch of stuff to the salvation army.

Now waiting on jnr waking up so we can have lunch.

jekkyl

I’ve just finished 3 hot cross buns.

Yak

Behind on this weeks project, so some quick drawing needed now. Been to look at a potential new house. Getting over some kind of gut-rot cold too. Don’t know what tyres to run for the xc on sunday (assuming gut-rot has buggered off by then).

So, a bit meh, apart from the house that I quite liked.

funkmasterp

Full of chocolate and shame.
    Been given Easter eggs by a client to pass onto my children. I failed the honesty test, consumed the lot and no feel a bit sick.

Shakes head at sandwich.

My son is lactose intolerant, but some relatives forget and buy him eggs. Ha Ha I get to eat them and feel no shame!

Lionheart
    Free Member

Long, just logged into the train wifi on my last train leg of a 22hr journey back to Devon from working near Seattle. So far, one taxi, three coaches, one long flt, three films, one bad sci-fi book and now this train, another two hours to go, then a short car ride.
    Did you know a coffee in Seattle is quite a bit more than here

ferrals
    Free Member

Pretty good so far, working at home and actually getting stuff done, had a two hour lunch break out on dusty trails and finally nailed a really tricky steep switchback in front of an intimidating tree. And no this thread has reminded me we have hot cross buns so I know what I’m having in an hour or so 🙂

sandwicheater

@funkmasterp

Hmmmm, ponders convincing my children they are lactose intolerant thus gifting all future chocolate to me.

mos

Rushing like chuff so i can have a holiday at some bullpish caravan on the east coast with family when id rather just stay at work & get stuff done.
    Bloody bank holiday, its like the capitalists handicap.
    Holidays – waaaa
    time off – waaaa
    family time – waaaa
    Just get some work done ya bunch of workshy gloits.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Popped into work to see the boss man as i’m halfway through a six week sabbatical, he did ask if i needed any more time off, i was tempted to ask for another month or two. 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Packing boxes to go with the Van Man to Orgiva on Saturday.

Collected some bespoke cabling I’ve had made up from the HiFi shop.

Chicken soup for lunch.

Made the two old ladies at Oxfam happy with my CD collection donated. Plus an Altura waterproof jacket. And an 18 tog sleeping bag.

That’s enough for one day. Last two boxes tomorrow and then wave au reservoir to my earthly possessions and wait to fly out on the 22nd… 😀

Edukator
    Free Member

Painted a wall in the kitchen this morning then swam 1500 in a open-air pool with snow-capped mountains in view. Now I’ve had something to eat I’ll head off to the park with a Strat and Battery-powered amp, and jam with a mate. It’s sunny and 25° outside.

beer247
    Free Member

2 pints

Sausage roll

Meat pie

Small egg custard

back to work until 5pm.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Ha, lettuce licking! Very Easter appropriate

freddiest

Just got in and washed the bike after a great ride round Grizedale. Good day so far!!

trail_rat
    Free Member

well could be better…wifes in majorca swimming in the sea.

im working in angola.

How ever the last of my tools for the next 2 operations are tested and ready to go in baskets…..what do do for the remaining 25 days of my hitch 😀

spekkie
    Free Member

30 degrees outside, Ainsa is full of visitors for Easter, the trails are dry and fast and I just ate a Bounty Bar. Life is good.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Went to feed the hamster this morning and found he’d done a bunk… Youngest hadn’t put the door down properly when feeding him. Poor lad a bit disconsolate. Spent most of the morning looking for it, nothing so far but if he’s around he’s probably asleep.

yossarian
    Free Member

Had a bit of an odd week.

On Monday I found out that I’m a named beneficiary in a significant discretionary trust set up by an ancient and long passed away relative. Kind of changes the landscape for my family. Which is great obviously but it’s kept me awake for most of the nights since. I feel very odd about the whole thing.

Have done the sum total of **** all at work which includes working on a personal project that could go very large if I could just be motivated enough to finish the thing.

Have splurged on some new bike stuff which is nice. I tend to go 3 or so years between splurges so lots of packages from chain reaction etc have been arriving.

Looking forward to 4 x BMX rides at the local track with number 2 son and 4 x MTB rides with mates over the bank holiday.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Pretty much spot on, thanks. Just got back from a 3 hour loop from Streatley with Mrs and boy. Bikes dusty so straight into the bike cave, no washing required. Demolished an outrageously large piece of chocolate tiffin, washed down by a mug of coffee from the stove-top.
    After dinner I’ve got a little Lego project on he go, and still got the 4 day weekend to come!

DavidB
    Free Member

I found a fiver on my walk home. Felt bad about keeping it so put it in an Air Ambulance charity box and now feel great.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘How's your day going?’ is closed to new replies.