Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • How's this legal (online booze ordering)??
  • psychle
    Free Member

Needed some Cachaça for work (making caipirinha’s for a function 🙂 ), not stocked locally so ordered through an online seller. As part of the ordering process it does ask you if you’re over 18, but the delivery just turned up: normal brown box, normal royalmail delivery, no checking of ID or anything like that, just sign here and away he went…

so are all the kids ordering their booze online now? and if not, why not? Am I missing something in the process that would stop this happening?

donsimon
    Free Member

How did you pay?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Did you pay by credit card per chance?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Yip. You need to be 18 or over to get a card that lets you buy stuff online.

RealMan
    Free Member

You can buy stuff online with a debit card, which you can get at like age 13-15 I think.

Not sure if that would let you buy booze though.

psychle
    Free Member

Paid with a credit card, but you could use your Mum/Dad’s one easily enough? But then, I guess, if you were doing this then your folks obviously dinnae mind you drinking?

McHamish
    Free Member

Kids have it easy nowadays…we either had to steal booze from my Dad or wait outside the off license until someone who looked older bought our grog for us.

BigJohn

I find ordinary caster sugar is best. Sprinkle over the chopped limes and muddle together.

We got a great ice crusher from Tesco for about £10.

donsimon
    Free Member

But then, I guess, if you were doing this then your folks obviously dinnae mind you drinking?

And accept the charges of buying aclohol for minors.
    In my day it was fake SU cards.

psychle
    Free Member

Kids have it easy nowadays…we either had to steal booze from my Dad or wait outside the off license until someone who looked older bought our grog for us.

Indeed! That’s what I was thinking…

yunki
    Free Member

not so…unless things have drastically changed in recent years.. or I’m remembering an urban myth.. with your folks consent and within the family home you can consume alcohol from quite a young age..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Innit though???! I charge a buyer’s surcharge of a pound per item I get for the Yute Dem. Quite lucrative round here. 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

They secretly use your webcam to look at you and assess your age. I hope you weren’t doing naked internet shopping.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

The first time I was served in an off licence was at the age of 15 whilst visiting Barry Island.

I didn’t look 18, I’m not even convinced that I looked 15! The shopkeeper looked unconvinced. So, aided by my as yet unattached rank chevron (I’d just been promoted to the heady heights of Lance Corporal in the CCF) O managed to convince him that I was a soldier.

A soldier with shoulder length hair ripped 501s, cherry red DMs and a Mudhoney tee shirt.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Yeah you could get a pay pal acount and use that.

matthewjb
    Free Member

not so…unless things have drastically changed in recent years.. or I’m remembering an urban myth.. with your folks consent and within the family home you can consume alcohol from quite a young age..

I believe you can drink at home from the age of 5.

And you can buy alcohol from 16 as long as it’s part of a meal.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wait outside the off license until someone who looked older bought our grog for us.

I made a fine profit from that trade in my schooldays. 🙂

Drac

Ay?

RealMan
    Free Member

No you can’t.

bruneep

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_drinking_age

Children under 5 must not be given alcohol unless under medical supervision or in an emergency (Children and Young Persons Act 1933, Children and Young Persons (Scotland) Act 1937).

The minimum age for the purchase of alcohol is 18. People aged 16 or 17 may consume wine, beer or cider on licensed premises (pubs/bars/restaurants) with a table meal. In England and Wales, it must be an adult who orders, however an adult doesn’t have to be present to order alcohol with a meal in Scotland. The legal age for the purchase of alcohol from an off-licence (store/supermarket) is 18. (The legal age to buy liqueur chocolates is 16. but this is rarely enforced.)

Under the BBPA’s Challenge 21 scheme, customers attempting to buy alcoholic beverages are asked to prove their age if in the retailer’s opinion they look under 21 even though the law states they must be a minimum of 18. Many supermarket and off-licence chains display Challenge 21 notices stating that they will not serve persons who look under 21 without ID.

There is also a new “Challenge 25” scheme being rolled out in some parts of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Purchasing alcohol on behalf of a minor is illegal in all of the United Kingdom. This means acting as the young person’s agent.

Drac

No you can’t.

Why you say we can’t the law says otherwise.

iain1775
    Free Member

do they sell mad dog 20:20?
    Surely thats all kids under 18 drink?

donsimon
    Free Member

No you can’t.

Why you say we can’t the law says otherwise.

I think the wording is bad, RealMan, I think is saying a 16yr can’t buy alcohol at the table wheras the law states that and adult is permitted to buy the alcohol for the 16yr old’s consumption.

Shorty121 – Member

Yeah you could get a pay pal acount and use that.
    Again, are there not age restrictions on certain bank accounts (current vs saving) therefore making it difficult for underage drinkers to access Paypal.
    We also need to remember that the determined youth is always going to find a way around the law, I know I did. 😈

Hairychested
    Free Member

It’s like sex when at the age of 15 you go camping and meet this girl… You have a stick you find a dog.

samuri
    Free Member

I made a fine profit from that trade in my schooldays.

It’s a good way of getting sex off teenagers too.

Stoner
    Free Member

It’s a good way of getting sex off teenagers too.

I thought that was what hard drugs and withheld passports was for?
    I’ve bin doin’ it rong havent I?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘How's this legal (online booze ordering)??’ is closed to new replies.