Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Hows the Dowies area??
  • dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Good conditions?Bone dry hopefully 😆

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Dowies was great/muddocks/Bluebell and Dowies3.Found that new trail above it which looks like it has only just been cut nice trail that runs into Dowies3.
    Dowie himself was doing abit of berm repairing today,some people a guy was coming down Dowies as i was going up the track by it to have another run and he was moaning about the nasty sand.How does he think these trails get built and repaired!!!they were not formed by the ice age.
    Theres Dowie spending his own time and people moan unreal.
    Dowies 3 is settling in nicely and that new bit near the end is good.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

DSC01933 by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

Rode there for the first time last week, loved it! Good work by the builders 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Was down there on Thursday. Had a Strava PR by about 20 seconds down Dowies! To say it’s riding well at the moment is an understatement…

Alex

We were there yesterday. It’s in fab condition and the new trail is a lot of fun as well.

v666ern
    Free Member

Twas great tonight and met dowie too, legend!

wavejumper
    Free Member

Can somebody point me in the right direction to find these Dowies trails? Where should I park and how do I find them?

v666ern
    Free Member

Best way, go to the fountain inn at parkends website and look at their cycle routes page, their google profile has loads. Beware though dowies gets VERY muddy in the wet!

v666ern
    Free Member

Or strava!

fodmtb
    Free Member

FoD classic , on door step, ride every week, kids learnt to ride it. Fab
    Strava junkies need to leave alone please, it’s getting stupid
    http://instagram.com/p/chsFIoK3a0/

v666ern
    Free Member

Totally agree chap, can I also suggest waverunner you employ ^^^ persons services, found another trail tonight thanks to him and it was amazing…drop at the end though was maaaasive!

fodmtb
    Free Member

The one onto fetter hill road? And starts at dowies humm…l think that might me mine but don’t tell anyone 😳
    😉
    Whiters

v666ern
    Free Member

Yeah that was great, as was http://instagram.com/p/a6smVEq3f4/

v666ern
    Free Member

Honestly though peeps a guided tour would help you find all this good stuff without the getting lost in the wrong valley and I be a propa forester too zurri!

fodmtb
    Free Member

Ah slagheep at cycle centre . Yes fun too 🙂

v666ern
    Free Member

Damn it I thought that was of ceri’s which was what we found DOH!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I always park in the pedalway centre and ride over to them,but if you dont know the forest it would be easier to find a needle in a haystack.Dowies are by Ellwood.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Hows the Dowies area??’ is closed to new replies.