Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • How's the bank holiday weekend riding going?
  • thwang-01
    Free Member

very poor had to go into work this morning so missed a ride with my mates.when i got to work my front hose had split and the seals are leaking on my fox,s
    thwang

radoggair
    Free Member

nice day at glen t yesterday, a good 3.5 hours or so.

Today a hard day on the road bike, the wind was horrendous. Covered 107 miles so happy with that ( especially in the wind, downhill doing 17mph was not fun)

GEDA
    Free Member

75 km ride to the forest and back yesterday. Chopped down some trees that were blocking My favorite trail and made à cool little trail with à nice boulder climb. Disaster when i got back as i had lost My gps. Drove out to the forest today and built camps with the kids and found the gps result! In the park this afternoon after roast dinner and practiced manuals and raced my laddy on his isla bike. No holiday tomorrow as they don't move bank holidays in sweden.

stanfree
    Free Member

Was at Penmancho today for the first time as Im in Wales for a wedding. Absolutely brilliant , reminds me a bit of Laggan for some reason . Did a mixture of loop 1 and 2 and would love to come back someday . Glad I opted for Penmancho and not the Marin .

oldgit
    Free Member

Dunno what to do now Monday? Don't want to get the race bike dirty coz I'm racing it Tuesday.
    Hmm cross bike with road tyres, or an off road pootle or drive out for an MTB ride? got to stay fresh for Tuesday.
    What a kerfuffle.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A couple of solo laps of Whyte's Level at Glencorrwg today with easy driving there and back. It was dry if a bit cool and breezy. Trail in good nick. Broke a chain link, and got an unusual front instant snakebite which put me over the bars. I think I just ****tted into a pointy rock! I really like the trail, plenty of rocks in places but not so many that they slow you down. The berms on the black bit at the top are fun though I picked a poor line on a bouldery bit and caught a pedal but rolled OK. Legs and arms ache now. A good ride only lacking in some company.

AlasdairMc

Good day out myself, over the Pentlands from my house and then eventually to Glentress. Rode some of the red then rode home. I'm wiped now though, been a heavy day but it was worth it.

Got my biker tan starting quite well too.

Philby

Did the Forest of Dean Classic Sportive today – 87 miles and 14 named hills plus a few that weren't. Weather started wet and then became very cold and windy. Feeling knackered now, but need to get second wind to go to the pub!

Nick

Dyfi Enduro, 4:40, full of curry and beer now, knackered and happy.

Diane
    Free Member

Did my first ever uplift at Inners – it's gonna cost me money 🙂

dasnut
    Free Member

maybe I saw you diane, yellow transition, riding like a girl (me not you)

timbercombe
    Free Member

Good 3 hour ride up the local DH trails on the new DH bie (222) very very fun!

GavinB

Diane – Member
    Did my first ever uplift at Inners – it's gonna cost me money

Nice one!

Pretty good so far, with a good loop around Edale/Jacobs/Pindale yesterday then an exploratory bimble around Cragg Quarry today. Even the Buck Inn was a bonus – perfect Timothy Taylor!

jedi
    mattp
    Free Member

managed to squeeze in a 40 mile rip up the canal session after the rain had stopped this afternoon evening. realised that my light has busted so it was a bit sketchy on the way home but surprisingly no too muddy. mrs mattp won't be worried about the washing machine breaking tonight…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Aching legs or no, I've decided: Cheddar Gorge cliff trails on the FS tomorrow morning before the tourists show up.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Back.
    So, 4 runs down the hill before it started to p*ss down.
    Out of that, first run had a flat, so pushed back from half way down, next good, then next after that another pinch-flat. Nice gent stopped and helped with changing (gave me a tube) and then finished that and one more.
    All in all a good day, not least as other than an errant back tyre bike worked fine and new gearing is perfect for descent and road ascent.
    Shall be going again in a couple of weeks!

yunki
    Free Member

nada

Drac

Wooot! Blue Skies today and off now to Alwinton.

Diane
    Free Member

Dasnut – not sure – so many bikes! Was only person wearing lycra with an xc bike 😯

domino

32 miles of road riding round The Yorkshire Dales on Saturday, over to Bolton Abbey, Appletreewick, Burnsall, Linton, Hetton etc.

40 odd miles road riding yesterday to Gargrave, Airton, Hellifield, Bolton-by-Bowland, Sawley, Chatburn and Barlick.

MTB today, probably from Threshfield up onto Boss Moor.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sat – small hangover clearing tandem ride of around 10 miles

Sunday – 40 miler round east lothian by tandem – found some nice trails and worked out a circuit for future use

Sun – not decided yet

footstomper
    Free Member

Took the wife round the Mary Townley Route Yesterday, was well chuffed for her 😀 the longest she has been recently is 18 miles, so to do 47 miles with her thumb bandaged as well was I thought extremely good 😀
    It was also bloody cold with a very strong headwind at times 🙁

ratadog

Hour and a half round the local bridleways on the edge of the NYork Moors. Mixture of sunshine and hail squalls so bailed out slightly earlier than planned.

_tom_
    Free Member

About an hour on the jumps today. Doing better than yesterday, clearing em all a bit smoothly again. Bit windy though, its either slowing you down or blowing you to one side which feels a bit dodgy in the air. Wheels started rattling horribly after a few sideways landings due to the wind, bikes are a pain in the arse when they're not running properly!

Rochey
    Free Member

NOT as my mother is up for the weekend and I AM NOT allowed out, Instruction from the wife anyway.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Sat – rode into work, worked 12hrs, rode home, ate pasta, drank beer, slept.

Sun – gave daughter No:1 a lift down to Sheffield, drove back, had lunch, went for a local walk with missus, felt the onset of Man-flu, went to bed.

Mon – have Man-flu, rode into work, working for 12hrs……………….etc. 🙁

whippersnapper
    Free Member

i did the majority of the south downs way on friday and saturday with a couple of friends. 83 mostly off road miles with a bivi stop in the middle. Great fun and extremely lucky with the weather too. Not done a lot since though.

forge197
    Free Member

Didn't manage the full red loop at Dalbeattie but chucked in a solid 37mile ride doing the Mabie Red loop then riding over to Dalbeattie on Road, Farm and Forest tracks then did the end of the red, the beginning to the end of the second boardwalk and then the end again.

Trouble is that's not even half the Kielder so still a way to go, but I have hit the target for the begnning of this month. 🙂

tails
    Free Member

alreet i saw a foal, lamb, calf, baby blackbird and moorhen. Plus i managed to out sprint the rain.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Cragg Quarry launch ride on Saturday….

oldgit
    Free Member

Tragically sad weekend really. A great road race Saturday, but Sunday and today was spent on the Turbos prepping myself for Tuesdays road race.
    I would have ventured out if it wasn't for the freezing rain and wind, but I didn't see the point of a tiring plod just to get miles in when I could get some controlled training in.

jonb
    Free Member

I just did my first ever (imperial, solo) century on the road. Northern Rock Cyclone route. It's quite a nice route if you're entered. 110miles 6h30 minutes, I need a group if I'm going to make it round in the gold time! Did 60 miles on Saturday too, also on the road.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Gah got up too late for Cheddar Gorge due to aching from yesterdays riding at Afan. You have to do the gorge early or late to avoid squashing tourists. So just a couple of hours doing a fairly usual Burrington Combe loop, then a pub lunch with the GF.
    Mendip trail conditions good despite recent rain. Blooming cold wind though.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

It was sunny and windy here today. In-laws down to look after the kids, so snuck out for a couple of hours.

ph0010421
    Free Member

I enjoyed the sunshine today with a ride around Rivington with a pal.

Only got these pics, taken from the Pike, as we were too busy enjoying it.

Rivington without mud – nows there's a thing you don't often see.

crocodilian
    Free Member

Friday (day off) – Built up Cotic BFe.

Saturday – Ride around Wendover Woods

Sunday – Up the woods again and over to Aston Hill

Today – Out to Whiteleaf and Coombe Hill

Now – Tired!

Bunnyhop

Riding of a different type for me – skiing the runs of Cairngorm. Snow is still good on the remaining trails. Even a bit of fresh powder. So didn't miss the bike too much.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Saturday: entertaining my brood
    Sunday: entertaining my brood.
    Today: went to Cannock and had my antisocial tendencies confirmed. It was far too busy to be fun (for me at any rate, some of the folks there were enjoying it); it was heaving. So did some off piste and went home.

Forge_Master
    Free Member

Just got back from a weekend camping with the family up in the Hope Valley and what a weekend.

It's my first experience of riding in the peaks and what an experience.

Sunday i snuck out early and choose to do a loop from Hope taking in castleton, hollins cross, mam tor, edale, ladybower, hope cross and back to hope.
    45km with 1300m of climbing/pushing all solo and most of it with a smile.

I'm still buzzing I can't wait to get back.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘How's the bank holiday weekend riding going?’ is closed to new replies.