Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How's Samoens?
  • jhw
    Free Member

Better than Morzine/Champery area?

Joe

No riding really. It's at the bottom of the valley on a big hot plain. The scenary and hills around sixt fer a cheval are great and there is some good riding but its quite hidden (because the hills are so **** steep).

Morzine/Champery area is a very broad area. It's pretty much the whole Port D'Soleils.

GEDA
    Free Member

Nothing to see move on. Just make sure you get somebody to drive you out of the valley again. We dropped down from Morzine on some great trails. Met some folks from North Wales doing the same. One of the lads broke their rear mech on the way down and was forced to singlespeed. I do hope they got back as they turned down a lift and were going to do an at least 2000m pass on the way back. They would all of probably all been walking on by the end anyway.

jhw
    Free Member

Cool, I'm definitely going to drop in there one day when I'm staying in Morzine. What's the best way down from the top of the Grand Massif Express? I'll probably only have time for one or maybe two runs down, owing to the time it'll take to get there and then back to Morzine.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Really good riding if you know where to look….
    especially at the sixt end of the valley

far removed from the Morzine style of riding – epic big mountain stuff – real mans country….(ie buff singletrack and nasty hike a bikes)

jhw
    Free Member

yeah, that's more like it! buff's the word

I'm poring over a map now trying to spot where those photos were taken but can't figure it out, though I have a rough idea given the river and your mention of Sixt…clue?

Ambrose

I love PdS area- but those phots look sublime! 🙂

Anyone got any *.gpx or similar available?

freeridenick
    Free Member

jhw, you got mail.
    number 53 and 52 are pretty good from the GME.
    No GPX I am afraid.
    One more to wet the appetite.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How's Samoens?’ is closed to new replies.