Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Hows J E James for mail order?
  • scratch
    Free Member

Only ever used CRC/Wiggle before. thanks

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

it’s too cold for octopron

Jamie
    Free Member

I have found them, along with Rutland Cycles, to be rubbish. Mainly due to stock control issues. Others have probably found them just fine however.

peteimpreza

I imagine they are struggling to send things out given the weather.

Dekerf
    Free Member

Well i ordered something last week, they said delivery 5 -7 owrking days

Had confirmation that they were shipped on Monday/Tuesday, but then the snow came, and the postmen* round here are having some time off???

Hopefully will arrive this year, if the postmen* can be bothered… Its difficult i live in the sticks (well Reigate in Surrey)

*Might be courier, but they usually turn up and deviler here, only the lazy postman who turns up when he wants….

peteimpreza

Deleivery attempted by the courier today for the stuff ordered on 23/11/10 and sent on 26/11/10.

The courier only delivers during office hours and not at weekends. I will be collecting tomorrow. At least they called me with the options.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

JE James= TONK.

i have used them 3-4 times and would never ever recommend them!!! thought i would grab my self a bargain, BUT no they had other ideas and sent the wrong thing to me then fobbed me off with some, “new lad who dosent know the system” rubbish!! is that why i ordered a wheel and got a pair of socks.

steer clear

bomba
    Free Member

Have ordered from them three times. Two good experiences, one iffy one where the order ‘disappeared’ and I had to chase around a couple of their stores.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Been fine with me.

scratch
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll stick with the lbs.

Moonhead
    Free Member

I have found them to be pretty good. Ordered a SRAM chain with power link, chain arrived without the link but after a quick call to a friendly and chatty bloke I was assured it would be sent out that day. It was…so no biggy.

I also ordered some forks then changed my mind and sent them back, couple of days later I was refunded.

Pretty stress free all round, I’d use again.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ordered some winter boots on monday..I’ve yet to receive a delivery confirmation…I’m hoping it’ll be soon!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Ask romster on here

Kahurangi

I used them before. Stock control issues and they would only deliver to my home address. I had to get a work mate to collect from the courier’s office, which was over 60 miles from my home address.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Ordered crossmarks from them once… arrived 6 months later, and they said they had mixed up the order and had listed the item as in stock when it wasn’t.

walla24
    Free Member

if it is in stock though it comes quickly

scotsman
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with them waste of F****N space, I ordered stuff a while back, 10 CO2 cartridges non threaded, threaded got delivered, A pair of POC gloves, said they didn’t have the ones I ordered in stock but would deliver when they came in, three weeks later the wrong ones appeared, CO2 cartridges they told me to keep and they would send out more non threaded, still not appeared, gloves I sent back for a refund as they could not get or were not getting the ones I ordered, still waiting for the refund 9 weeks later. stick with CRC and Wiggle! Customer care is shite as well!

MarkSS
    Free Member

Only had two orders with them and they’ve messed both of them up.
    <rant>
    1st order for a single item was in stock when ordered but received email saying it was out of stock. I moaned about it being marked as in stock on the www site. All of a sudden one was found.

2nd order about 6 months later – thought I would give them a 2nd chance. Pair of shoes & cambleback – both marked in stock at order point. Heard nothing for a couple of weeks. Asked them about it and they said the shoes were out of stock. But they had failed to hold the cambleback for me so that was out of stock by now.
    </rant>

I won’t be giving them a 3rd chance!
    So CRC/Wiggle/Merlin/Evans gets all my trade now.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I found them absolutely fine, and when the forks i bought broke they were helpful too. And they were very, very cheap.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Hows J E James for mail order?’ is closed to new replies.